Two questions both unrelated to each other | GTAMotorcycle.com

Two questions both unrelated to each other

Kramminn

Hey guys,

So I got two question.

1st. Will removing my resignator on my bike and just running a straight pipe increase or decrease power or do neither and just make it sound louder? Does anyone on here have it done on there bike that might let me take a listen to it?

2nd. Previous owner relocated the resignator to the outside of the body of my gsxr. It's no longer sitting behind the radiator. I was told he maybe did this to change the amount of charge being sent from 24-14 not sure why that's good or not. Anyhow, last Friday I was at friends for dinner and when I came out the bike wouldn't start. We put the battery on charge and a hour later it started just fine. This morning I went to go start her because I had to move the bike and it wouldn't start. Would the location of resignator have anything to do with it? Gauges light up fine and the needle goes up and down when I turn the keys but when I go to start it there's nothing but crickets.

Anyone ever experience this.

Fix your terminology.

I think in paragraph 1 you are meaning to say "resonator", and I think in paragraph 2 you are meaning to say "regulator/rectifier".

That generation of Gixxer is notorious for regulator/rectifier problems. The original location behind the radiator and above the exhaust pipes causes it to run hot. I know there is a kit to relocate it to somewhere else on the bike where it has a hope of running cooler, but now you are talking about wiring harness modifications, and there is no way to know whether that was done correctly or if someone half-arsed it. Maybe the regulator/rectifier failed ... maybe smoeone's taped-together-and-hope wiring job came apart ... who knows.

Your username looked familiar. Looks like you have multiple issues with that bike and are new at this. Get someone competent to look it over. You already know and have dealt with one such person ...

Sorry I wrote it off my phone and yes it the rectifier that I was referring to. Yeah I am knew to all this, iv made a few post on here about other things related to my bike.

I was just wondering if this was something common with other bikes and if it was a easy fix.

Fix your terminology.

I think in paragraph 1 you are meaning to say "resonator", and I think in paragraph 2 you are meaning to say "regulator/rectifier".

That generation of Gixxer is notorious for regulator/rectifier problems. The original location behind the radiator and above the exhaust pipes causes it to run hot. I know there is a kit to relocate it to somewhere else on the bike where it has a hope of running cooler, but now you are talking about wiring harness modifications, and there is no way to know whether that was done correctly or if someone half-arsed it. Maybe the regulator/rectifier failed ... maybe smoeone's taped-together-and-hope wiring job came apart ... who knows.

Removing resonator wont do **** except make it more noisy. Cops love GSXR owns (squids) and you're just giving them an excuse to write you a ticket.

Replace the stator and regulator/rectifier, it is not uncommon to happen in many bikes and easiest fix is replacing the unit.

I think you have same problem as before, try to move clutch in/out a little while pressing start button. I have 4 of these k6-7, never problem. Never had to move anything other than emission.

The mount on your bike is not that great. If you are going to run that rectifier the way it sits - you should secure the wiring in place. The better thing would be to move it to the tail section to keep it cool and away from water and road grime.

Also if you drop or crash your bike on the left side - it will most likely destroy the rectifier. Also the rectifier feeds your battery - if those wires melt around the frame - it might possible cause a fire. Key word is possibly.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom