Ghomeshigate | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ghomeshigate

well here's my thoughts

when it happens you want to forget and try to move on, but it's hard. and then when you think you moved on something happens and the memories come flooding back
you don't want to say anything because you are embarrassed
you don't want to face cross examination if you do decide to come forward (defence lawyers are BRUTAL towards victims in assault cases)

but mostly, no one wants to think of themselves as a victim

He's been assaulting and raping women for at least a decade. And people wonder why they don't report it! Holy ****!

yup it was a well known open secret.....A LOT of people knew.

I'll never fully comprehend this #BeenRapedNeverReported thing, I just don't get it. Half these reports (in 140 characters or less, mind you) are of young women claiming rape or sexual assault by their own partners, and many involving consumption of alcohol or even drugs. Several even go on to say that it took them years to realize it was 'rape' or that they haven't even accepted it yet.

Ok, something of possibly questionable moral standards transpired, maybe there was alcohol involved, maybe you were young and naive, maybe he had really good game and you only realized you were played after you sobered up.... was it rape? And if it is indeed labeled as rape (by inane social media standards) then its doing a disservice to victims of real, anonymous, violent rape.

Random thoughts..

Sounds to me more like regret than rape

Ok, something of possibly questionable moral standards transpired, maybe there was alcohol involved, maybe you were young and naive, maybe he had really good game and you only realized you were played after you sobered up.

Random thoughts..

So if a woman is drunk, or smoked a joint, does this mean it's ok?

I'll never fully comprehend this #BeenRapedNeverReported thing, I just don't get it. Half these reports (in 140 characters or less, mind you) are of young women claiming rape or sexual assault by their own partners, and many involving consumption of alcohol or even drugs. Several even go on to say that it took them years to realize it was 'rape' or that they haven't even accepted it yet.

Ok, something of possibly questionable moral standards transpired, maybe there was alcohol involved, maybe you were young and naive, maybe he had really good game and you only realized you were played after you sobered up.... was it rape? And if it is indeed labeled as rape (by inane social media standards) then its doing a disservice to victims of real, anonymous, violent rape.

Random thoughts..

+1

Im not saying this **** doesn't happen but a bit of common sense makes you wonder, like a couple of these from the site

"I've #BeenRapedNeverReported twice, both by partners - men I loved. I knew my mental illness would be brought up & I'd be "crazy/bitter".

Seriously how do you get raped twice by two different partners?

"#ibelievelucy #ibelievewomen And yes, I've been raped (more than once) and never reported it. #BeenRapedNeverReported"

WTF?

So if a woman is drunk, or smoked a joint, does this mean it's ok?

Was it actual rape? Then no, of course its not okay.. it's a serious crime.

However, if this sort of theme covers the situation better...
"He came onto me really hard and I caved in to having freaky sex with him because he's dominant and I'm a young naive girl"?

Then it aint rape. Sorry.

I dunno about you, but if someone raped me the first night i met them and they called me up for a second date i probably wouldn't show up, but not these women...

Oh neither would I, but I do think that he took advantage of his celebrity. Some of the women were trying to break into broadcasting, or writing or the arts, and knowing Jian can introduce you to the right people, they never said anything, they kept quiet, because they didn't want to "burn bridges"

And yeah I know you 're going to say, so the women were using him. Please, he dangles his connections like a carrot and then strikes. He's fully aware of what he's doing.

And he was CBC's golden boy....untouchable. No one wanted to go up against that

And not for anything, in one of the accounts he punched a girl, slapped her, forced her to her knees, and forced himself on her. I can tell you from a woman's perspective, I would be stunned. Like we all say "well I would do this, or I would do that" but when your stunned, everyone will do ****.

And guess what, if he had of done it to me, I wouldn't have reported it either. The system is a joke. And I wouldn't be able to tell my parents out of shame....I just couldn't...and I'm 40 years old

Oh neither would I, but I do think that he took advantage of his celebrity. Some of the women were trying to break into broadcasting, or writing or the arts, and knowing Jian can introduce you to the right people, they never said anything, they kept quiet, because they didn't want to "burn bridges"

And yeah I know you 're going to say, so the women were using him. Please, he dangles his connections like a carrot and then strikes. He's fully aware of what he's doing.

And he was CBC's golden boy....untouchable. No one wanted to go up against that

And not for anything, in one of the accounts he punched a girl, slapped her, forced her to her knees, and forced himself on her. I can tell you from a woman's perspective, I would be stunned. Like we all say "well I would do this, or I would do that" but when your stunned, everyone will do ****.

And guess what, if he had of done it to me, I wouldn't have reported it either. The system is a joke. And I wouldn't be able to tell my parents out of shame....I just couldn't...and I'm 40 years old

Rape is when you say no and the other person does it anyways, not if you agree to it, it isn't what you expected and then feel used/betrayed.

I wasn't there and don't know the facts, but from what i read sounds like BS to me.

Rape is when you say no and the other person does it anyways, not if you agree to it, it isn't what you expected and then feel used/betrayed.

I wasn't there and don't know the facts, but from what i read sounds like BS to me.

The Supreme Court has said that consent that is given only in advance isn’t determinative – consent is an ongoing process and a person must be in a state of consciousness to be able to withdraw that consent at any time.

Also when it comes to BDSM (as Jian claims it was) the law doesn’t actually care about consent. The Supreme Court has said that a person cannot consent to an assault that causes bodily harm.

She alleges Ghomeshi roughly threw her against the wall and kissed and fondled her forcefully. She states that she then performed fellatio on Ghomeshi “just to get out of there.”

“I was saying to him, “I don’t want to do this, I want to work for you.”

As she was leaving the room crying, she says, she heard Ghomeshi say, “I’ll talk with my executive producer about you.”

The next morning she received a text from Ghomeshi. “Happy Thursday,” it read. She was shocked.

She says she did receive an invitation to a job interview from Ghomeshi’s executive producer shortly thereafter. In Toronto, she recalls, she was surprised to find Ghomeshi present at the interview.

Immediately after she left the CBC building, she says Ghomeshi texted her to say that she looked sexier than ever in the interview, and he invited her out that night for drinks.

She declined.

“I feel gross about the whole thing. I feel used,” the woman said.

She alleges Ghomeshi roughly threw her against the wall and kissed and fondled her forcefully. She states that she then performed fellatio on Ghomeshi “just to get out of there.”

“I was saying to him, “I don’t want to do this, I want to work for you.”

As she was leaving the room crying, she says, she heard Ghomeshi say, “I’ll talk with my executive producer about you.”

The next morning she received a text from Ghomeshi. “Happy Thursday,” it read. She was shocked.

She says she did receive an invitation to a job interview from Ghomeshi’s executive producer shortly thereafter. In Toronto, she recalls, she was surprised to find Ghomeshi present at the interview.

Immediately after she left the CBC building, she says Ghomeshi texted her to say that she looked sexier than ever in the interview, and he invited her out that night for drinks.

She declined.

“I feel gross about the whole thing. I feel used,” the woman said.

Lol

The Supreme Court has said that consent that is given only in advance isn’t determinative – consent is an ongoing process and a person must be in a state of consciousness to be able to withdraw that consent at any time.

Also when it comes to BDSM (as Jian claims it was) the law doesn’t actually care about consent. The Supreme Court has said that a person cannot consent to an assault that causes bodily harm.

I understand the whole consent thing, as for the whole consent to an assault? Is smacking someone's *** considered assault?

That story plays out differently in my head.

She wanted a job. She would've ****** him for it but it turned out that he played too rough for her, so she voluntarily blew him instead. She then accepted a job interview.

Now its 'rape' though.

depends, if it leaves bruises yes

if it's just a squishy feel, and unwelcome, it's sexual assault

But she didn't, then shows up to the interview? wtf?

And who gives a guy a blow job "just to get out of there"? am i the only one who thinks this whole situation is beyond words?

Like she said, she wanted to break into broadcasting and he took advantage of his position.

How is this different from a professor suggesting that his student offer up sex if she wants a passing grade

See, taking advantage of their position

Ghomeshi invited her to visit him in Toronto at his house in Cabbagetown, she says, and she did.

When she arrived at his house and greeted him, she says Ghomeshi answered the door and stared at her. Without speaking, she alleges that he threw her against the wall and demanded that she get on her knees and perform fellatio. She alleges that when she kneeled down he struck her repeatedly about the head, “hard enough that (her) vision was blurred.”

She says he took his belt off, tied it tight around her neck, “yanked” it, and led her around by the belt. They had intercourse, she said, and during it she alleges he whipped her back with his belt and hit her about the head. She alleges he put his full body weight on her face during fellatio, to the point where she gagged, couldn’t breathe, and felt she would vomit. A subsequent encounter, she alleges, left her with deep bruising on her body.

ecb262572f7e6eacadc00b36213694c79da2055cfb416386d05109bcf735e727.jpg

Back
Top Bottom