Ghomeshigate | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ghomeshigate

What if someone felt that the accused's life or career would be destroyed, and didn't want to feel partially responsible for that?

I've never been part of the free sex without attachments crowd. I need some emotional attachment and genuine feelings of interest, before proceeding. Wouldn't there be some psychological issues and feelings to work out, before bringing any kind of accusation into the public? It's not just a Moral decision, as everyone who's involved, will have their life changed, and not necessarily in a good way, from an event.

How's that different than if you report a theft of a hit and run? The accused will also face negative consequences. If I suffer from physical assault inflicted on my by anyone, you can bet your sweet *** that fear of ruining their life will be the last thing on my mind. If someone commits a serious offense, you report them, period. That's especially true when it comes to violent offenses. It's not like the alleged offenses happened in the 1950's and the 1960's when the cops dismissed genuine rape allegations with "boys will be boys" or "she was asking for it". They happened in much more recent time when the scales of injustice swung in the opposite direction.

And what should we tell rape victims that don't come forward for fear of people dismissing their stories as smears against a successful person. Just look at the history of victims of abuse and sexual abuse are treated in the media. Look at Rehtaeh Parsons. There was evidence of her attack and the way she was bullied and smeared the poor girl ended up taking her own life. That is how victims that come forward are treated when its a beloved Radio personality, coach (sandusky), Priest, athlete.

I'd rather air on the side of treating the majority (Rape and abuse victims) as possibly truthful over the vast minority (falsely accused). 9 Women vs 1 mans testimony. there is no money and fame to be had here. Its a sad situation all around. Too many similar stories from women who hadn't heard the others accounts. The courts will decide legality but this is the court of public opinion and I think Gomeshi is a serial abuser.

I'm not saying not to report. Just that both sides should be treated fairly.

9 to 1 is a lot different than a 1 to 1 claim.

How's that different than if you report a theft of a hit and run? The accused will also face negative consequences. If I suffer from physical assault inflicted on my by anyone, you can bet your sweet *** that fear of ruining their life will be the last thing on my mind. If someone commits a serious offense, you report them, period. That's especially true when it comes to violent offenses. It's not like the alleged offenses happened in the 1950's and the 1960's when the cops dismissed genuine rape allegations with "boys will be boys" or "she was asking for it". They happened in much more recent time when the scales of injustice swung in the opposite direction.

It's a matter of degrees, and the entire situation of which we know very little.
Maybe some people just don't like to deal with Police, ever.
One has to look at the full risk vs the reward for these situations, and that can take some time to evaluate, and will change over time.

While I agree that everyone, should report every crime in principle.
I doubt that someone who gets their drug stash stolen would do so.
This isn't the same thing at all, but illustrates the point of degrees.
The line in the sand isn't the same for everyone, nor should it be expected to be.

I'd say that violent assault is a pretty clear line in the sand, especially since out of those 10 people we should find at least 4-5 that don't have any skeletons that would be interesting to the local constabulary.

I haven't read everything but I'll like to add.

As someone noted its right in the middle. That's what happens when 2 groups of stupid people collides. It goes full retard!

They both wanted something for their personal gain. Ladies wanted it to boost their careers & the dude just wanted to F. Its probably like some dude who bought a Ducati went home for a few days then feel cheated. Didn't get what he bargained for.

Same applies here, those ladies didn't get what they bargained for & probably wants to get back at him.

I'd say that violent assault is a pretty clear line in the sand, especially since out of those 10 people we should find at least 4-5 that don't have any skeletons that would be interesting to the local constabulary.

Sure, but if someone doesn't leave visible marks, denies the charge, and then has some power over your career later?

Not saying that this is in any way the case here. We don't know enough.

But I can understand that some people may fear repercussions from those with more power.

What I'd like to know at this point is why he was let go?
He brought up the Sadism thing himself, I believe, but that may not be it.
I guess we may find out after the trial or arbitration, or not.

Are you really this stupid or just trolling. You know nothing about rape and how people react to it. Your posts are insulting to women, but worse are the reason most women don't come forward, because some how ******** try to blame them. This isn't a joke and you should stfu.

So because i dont make up my mind one way or the other and instead question the facts im stupid or a troll?
The world isn't black and white, there's a lot of grey.
And im not gonna stfu, in case you haven't noticed this is a message forum, you know where people DISCUSS things?

This isn't in relation to the Ghomeshi story, just in general, but I disagree. I think we have created a climate of victimhood that many people are only too happy to embrace. Got a bad mark? The teacher doesn't like you. Didn't get the promotion? That jerk who has the boss' ear blocked you. Lost the election? Misogyny and racism. And the media panders to it because they encourage people to come to them with their stories rather than seek redress on their own or through legal channels. It fills pages with fodder readers lap up and is easier and cheaper than actually researching a real story.
It also does a huge disservice to real victims of real misfortunes. And it allows people to be anonymously accused and convicted in the court of public opinion without any of that bothersome due process stuff. Accusations of sexual misconduct are particularly troubling, because the pall it leaves never goes away. All it takes is a whisper and a life is ruined.
You've fallen hook, line and sinker for a carefully crafted catchphrase of everyone crying victim these days, that is meant to reinforce a political agenda of conservatism on the grounds that everything is going to hell these days.

If Jian thinks he's falsely accused, wouldn't that make him the victim in his version of events? So we could say he's playing the victim. Of course, you already believe the women are all playing victims. The reality is that 'victimhood' can be ascribed to anybody in a situation where they disagree with an other, since forever. It doesn't matter if it's your wife blaming you for never taking out the trash and you blame her for always yelling at you to take out the trash. You both think you're victims of the other. It's called a disagreement. "Crying victim" is just a spin that seeks to discredit individuals in particular when they are in conflict with institutions like government or businesses, since it's harder to ascribe victimhood to such large organizations.

Just for the record, I'm offended.

Just for the record does Blatch ride? I thought I saw her comment a few pages back?

why was this guy fired ? did he do a bad job ?

if anyone thinks that their employer has the right to fire you for what you do in the bedroom, we gonna have a whole ******** of unemployed people

i know a chick that loves facials. should i call her employer and tell them ?

He's a public figure representing a brand... So it's a bit different.

Politicians are immune. And the rest of those occupations don't have an audience of millions.

why was this guy fired ? did he do a bad job ?

if anyone thinks that their employer has the right to fire you for what you do in the bedroom, we gonna have a whole ******** of unemployed people

i know a chick that loves facials. should i call her employer and tell them ?
Here's what the CBC has said to its employees today;

https://twitter.com/rwesthead/status/528285309948407808/photo/1

Apparently the "graphic evidence" was homemade videos of Jian's sexual activities that he volunteered to show the CBC in order to exonerate himself. Except according to them, it just proved his responsibility.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...wed_cbc_video_of_bondage_beating_sources.html

Last edited:
Here's what the CBC has said to its employees today;

https://twitter.com/rwesthead/status/528285309948407808/photo/1

Apparently the "graphic evidence" was homemade videos of Jian's sexual activities that he volunteered to show the CBC in order to exonerate himself. Except according to them, it just proved his responsibility.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...wed_cbc_video_of_bondage_beating_sources.html

so does this mean that anyone who engages in BDSM can/will be fired ? ( within CBC )

what if both people agree to the bdsm ?

theres so much grey in this matter... almost 50 shades of it.

so does this mean that anyone who engages in BDSM can/will be fired ? ( within CBC )

what if both people agree to the bdsm ?

theres so much grey in this matter... almost 50 shades of it.
BDSM would necessarily imply consent. Anything else is assault/abuse.

BDSM would necessarily imply consent. Anything else is assault/abuse.

ONCE AGAIN

The Supreme Court has said that consent that is given only in advance isn’t determinative – consent is an ongoing process and a person must be in a state of consciousness to be able to withdraw that consent at any time.

Also when it comes to BDSM (as Jian claims it was) the law doesn’t actually care about consent. The Supreme Court has said that a person cannot consent to an assault that causes bodily harm.

Back
Top Bottom