10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman

last time I told a chick she had a nice a**, she turned around and it was my recent ex-GF. Good thing we got along and it was a "friendly" split. ;)

I love these little anecdotes^ They really break up the monotony and add the whimsical flair so desperately needed in these grey times.

Whats the definition of respect? Apparantly to the dumb broad that made this video saying good morning is harrassment. Some women think good morning is respectful, others think they're about to get raped.
If you were walking down the street and women all around were yelling good morning or nice outfit or whatever, you wouldn't think "gee, how friendly they are!" You'd think they're hitting on you, and you'd be right. You could safely assume you're in the hooker district and that they're soliciting you.

I don't see why it's any different for a woman. You can pretend all those guys were just being sociable but you'd have to be delusional to actually believe it. She's not delusional, she knows she's being hit on. Nobody yells out at ugly women to have a nice day, or to say they like they way you walk. So of course she has the same reaction you would have if a stranger on the street hit on you. It's harassment.

Yes, we're men and we're pigs. You're right. And it would benefit a lot of women to recognize that and expect some piggish behaviour from us every so often. But that doesn't excuse it. We still have a responsibility to behave respectfully towards one another. It's a social skill we're all supposed to learn around 5 years old, but clearly the guys in that video either didn't learn that lesson or decided to forget it.

People have pointed out that a lot of the guys making comments in the video are black, making it a racial thing. But in the US, "black" correlates very strongly with "poor" and you can see she's not in the best neighbourhoods when she gets catcalled. So it's actually not a racial thing, it's a social class thing. Not surprisingly, the poor don't get the best upbringing in terms of social manners, it's more about every man for himself and f*** you if you don't help me get what I want. This is just one of the manifestations of that mindset.

Last edited:
If you were walking down the street and women all around were yelling good morning or nice outfit or whatever, you wouldn't think "gee, how friendly they are!" You'd think they're hitting on you, and you'd be right. You could safely assume you're in the hooker district and that they're soliciting you.

I don't see why it's any different for a woman. You can pretend all those guys were just being sociable but you'd have to be delusional to actually believe it. She's not delusional, she knows she's being hit on. Nobody yells out at ugly women to have a nice day, or to say they like they way you walk. So of course she has the same reaction you would have if a stranger on the street hit on you. It's harassment.

Yes, we're men and we're pigs. You're right. And it would benefit a lot of women to recognize that and expect some piggish behaviour from us every so often. But that doesn't excuse it. We still have a responsibility to behave respectfully towards one another. It's a social skill we're all supposed to learn around 5 years old, but clearly the guys in that video either didn't learn that lesson or decided to forget it.

People have pointed out that a lot of the guys making comments in the video are black, making it a racial thing. But in the US, "black" correlates very strongly with "poor" and you can see she's not in the best neighbourhoods when she gets catcalled. So it's actually not a racial thing, it's a social class thing. Not surprisingly, the poor don't get the best upbringing in terms of social manners, it's more about every man for himself and f*** you if you don't help me get what I want. This is just one of the manifestations of that mindset.

Valid points, you're correct that you're likely to find more of that type of behaviour in areas of less fortune or that may not have had a healthy upbringing, however i was raised right and taught to be respectful and show my manners, but that doesn't mean I can't have my own opinions or where i chose to apply them. In my opinion there's nothing wrong with calling out on women, it's not harrassment so long as you're not crossing any legal lines, bottom line is some women like it, some don't, majority of women i call out on respond positively.

The video was edited to show a particular demographic. The film maker admitted it but said it was mostly due to "sound issues".

[video=youtube;SwdoXbxFwuY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwdoXbxFwuY[/video]

[h=1]Watch those dirty looks! France toughens sexual harassment laws

http://www.rt.com/news/sexual-harassment-law-france-561/[/h]

e54028eb8563ddf3bba59c46abd2b3d6.jpg

Your honour we the people present. Exhibit "A"

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Back
Top Bottom