So confused about what to get next...... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So confused about what to get next......

Or KTM 1190 adventure, best adv bike going right now

sent from a device using a program

KTM 1190 is a solid choice (I've love to have one in addition to my 690) :D

I'd say the KTM 690 Enduro R.... But you need a crap-ton of farkles to get into touring capacity. Great offroad though....

I swear I was set to buy an FJR but then the salesman let me try an FZ-09 and I reconsidered very quickly.

OP, I think I may share your feelings. I'm thinking about my next bike and like you, really love Kawasaki's new integrated hard-bag system. But, I also want versatility. While that bag system looks great, it's aesthetics, and my desire for versatility will ultimately be what makes me love or hate the bike.

I think you should also consider the potential of a Triumph Tiger 800 (XC?!).

Bang for the buck , Vstrom 650. get aftermarket luggage that's not ugly. Its not an ADV bike but is more than comfortable on cottage rds and gentle single track and could be made an ADV bike with some minor mods if you needed to cross a desert. Most mortals don't. The engine is happy smooth power and at less than 8k all in its a deal.

I swear I was set to buy an FJR but then the salesman let me try an FZ-09 and I reconsidered very quickly.

Loved the Fazer8. Bags though destroy the looks of the bike IMO, but nice ergos and very flickable. FJR is a nice touring/sport bike but around town is a bulbous. I sold and went back to VFR sport/touring. Had my 2-bike plan not been in place, the Fazer 8 was right there.

Was chatting with a buddy when he saw the 650 Wee I just bought and he said the 1k Strom not that much heavier....he certainly walked away from the 650 easily as we were heading home.
Certainly covers most of OPs points cept maybe for looks

Last edited:
So I'm currently obsessed with the 2010+ Concours. I saw one with a corbin top box that was awesome! My wife would like that....and the bike is gorgeous. I need to ride one.

Back
Top Bottom