Video from a ride this summer | GTAMotorcycle.com

Video from a ride this summer

Rockwell

Here is a video from a few months ago:

[video=vimeo;109477042]http://vimeo.com/109477042[/video]

We've sort have been neglecting the ride report for a while now, but we're hopefully going ot try to get caught up.

Nice vid

You mess up on that road and there is no coming back

Hey, I saw this on another forum and posted it for you on GTAM in the Multimedia section here. Really nice video and I wish we had tunnels like that here.

If anyone hasn't watched this video - it's excellent!

It's the Stelvio Pass....
So jealous of the OP!

It's Susten Pass, in Switzerland. I arrived atop of Stelvio later that day. Stelvio was just as epic. It's seemed like a motorcycle Mecca. The switchbacks descending the Italian side of Stelvio were much tighter than these, in the video. I had to stop on the way down to help a guy and his buddy pick up one of their bikes that had tipped over going around the tight side of one of the turns on Stelvio Pass.

Here's a photo of later that day atop of Stelvio:

IMG_5328e990wm_zps29c5507f.jpg

It's Susten Pass, in Switzerland. I arrived atop of Stelvio later that day. Stelvio was just as epic. It's seemed like a motorcycle Mecca. The switchbacks descending the Italian side of Stelvio were much tighter than these, in the video. I had to stop on the way down to help a guy and his buddy pick up one of their bikes that had tipped over going around the tight side of one of the turns on Stelvio Pass.

Here's a photo of later that day atop of Stelvio:

IMG_5328e990wm_zps29c5507f.jpg

I rode the alps in 2012 and 2013 and both times missed the Susten. I hit the Furka and Grimsel which were incredible. Last year we tried the Susten but it was closed due to snow... so we took the Grimsel and Nuefenen pass instead.

Stelvio was epic, but a disappointment to me... I found it over hyped and far more preferred the other, smaller passes. I didn't care for the higher stone sides blocking some of the views... and the endless hairpins got tiring and dare I say it - boring - about half way down.

Still, in my opinion the best places in the world to ride a motorcycle. We hit the Dolomites of Italy last year (just East of Stelvio) and that was just as good as the Alps.

Back
Top Bottom