Caller ID blocker: | GTAMotorcycle.com

Caller ID blocker:

Gary

Site Supporter
Is there anywhere local to buy one of these devices?
I've googled the piss out of it, and can only find them on e bay.
Don't want another phone with "call block" as I've got that already. Problem is - capacity.
Panasonic assumed 30 would be sufficient. They got it wrong.
So please, no phone links. Just the blocking "device" if they are available.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Explain more. Does this device hang up on people based on their incoming phone number?

Explain more. Does this device hang up on people based on their incoming phone number?

Yes. Some devices will hang up (I think). Some have a message to the caller stating "your call is being blocked", or something to that effect.
In any event, you don't hear the phone ring again, if you put a number on the "block list". Once in a while, I hear a 'half ring', but I know it's a telemarketer I've blocked.
With my Panasonic, I have the option to save incoming numbers. I can save to "phonebook" or "block list". I'm looking for the unit (locally) that does this.
On e bay, the devices usually have the capacity to block 1000 - 1500 numbers. I need that. Panasonic limits it to 30.
Here's one:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/T-LOCK-CALL-..._Devices&hash=item3ce7d3c71b&autorefresh=true

Last edited:
Just pay your bills man!

It is funny, I only have a home line because I am required by the alarm company, I don't even know what my number is and neither the wife or I give it to anyone (we use our cell), so when someone calls I know it is a telemarketer. When I answer I always say "Hi can I please have your home phone number" and when they say 'for what" i reply so I can call you at dinner time! Silence and then they hang up.

That was fun for like a year but now we just don't answer the 1 or 2 daily calls

Taking down that stupid gif sig is more than enough!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!

All i hear is a request for more gifs!

kittens-gif.gif

I have this set - only blocks 30:
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...453137305823&gclid=CKn8gsDJ0MECFZeFaQodHXcAOw

Just pay your bills man!

It is funny, I only have a home line because I am required by the alarm company, I don't even know what my number is and neither the wife or I give it to anyone (we use our cell), so when someone calls I know it is a telemarketer. When I answer I always say "Hi can I please have your home phone number" and when they say 'for what" i reply so I can call you at dinner time! Silence and then they hang up.

That was fun for like a year but now we just don't answer the 1 or 2 daily calls

My bills are paid. Maybe that's the problem?
I saw that episode of Seinfeld too Paulo ;-)

All i hear is a request for more gifs!

kittens-gif.gif

Lose that sig one - PLEASE. I have a concussion, and the eyes are in rough enough shape atm.

Can't you just get a restraining order on the crazy ex?

She was never bright enough to use a phone. She's not the problem.

I get 3 telemarketers by 9:30am. It gets worse after that. Seven, sometimes eight days a week.

My bills are paid. Maybe that's the problem?
I saw that episode of Seinfeld too Paulo ;-)

Ahhh it was driving me crazy not remembering where did that joke come from.

Last edited:
Is there anywhere local to buy one of these devices?
I've googled the piss out of it, and can only find them on e bay.
Don't want another phone with "call block" as I've got that already. Problem is - capacity.
Panasonic assumed 30 would be sufficient. They got it wrong.
So please, no phone links. Just the blocking "device" if they are available.
Thanks.

You on the do not call list?

I get calls from some lame brained collection agency for a couple of deadbeats that had our number a decade or two ago, every once in a while. They keep threatening to take us off the call list, but never seem to get around to it. But other than that it's not too bad.

Every time I play in the WSOP, I have to leave my number.
I've noticed I get whacked with calls after that.
I'm leaving FMJ's number next time ;-)

I'd say fine, as long as I get a percentage of your winnings, but........

When you give them your number be off by one on the last digit. Oops. Hey, I'm old. Give me a break.

Last edited:
being on the dnc list is a sure fire way to get called

Not in my case. How long has the dnc list existed? I signed up very close to the onset.
Letting my number loose in Vegas is the major problem.
Otherwise, the 30 numbers that the Panasonic phone blocks would have been more than enough.

I'd say fine, as long as I get a percentage of your winnings, but........

When you give them your number be off by one on the last digit. Oops. Hey, I'm old. Give me a break.

The sad part is, there's too many incentives. Leaving a 'flakey' number is not in one's best interest.
Having a call blocker is.
I just bought one from e bay.
Will hope it works.

So far this morning: 559 053 8339
202 618 9144
800 661 4858
416 638 6868
It's not even 10am.
The afternoon will see at least 20 more bs calls.

What calls are you getting? I keep getting the Indian Air Duct specials....the Call to lower your non-specific credit card interest rate special....the Indian Microsoft "you've got a problem" calls.

They have slowed down since I told them "I don't have any air ducts" "I only have Apple products" etc. Still get them every now and then though.

I have an OomaTel system I need to set up, apparently this has a call blocking service built in to it. Need to get it sorted as it's much cheaper than Bellend.

Back
Top Bottom