Vote | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vote

Ford has nothing to do with the issues you suggested. He has done very little in 4 years. His agenda is nice on a bumper sticker but it didn't work in practice. John Tory's message was bang on to many Toronto residents. SMART fiscal responsibility not slash and burn cutting services that end up costing residents more money. There is no gravy at city hall just services. Which services do residents not want? Contracting out garbage has not made it better just cheaper. Once the city looses the ability to provide its own garbage services how much do you think the cost will go up? Private business are there to make money off of you not provide a service at a fair rate. Can you imagine the tax increase needed to fund Ford's vision of Subways for everyone? A 3 stop stubway raised taxes 1.5%. How much taxes to fund 10x that expansion?

I know you're bullshitting what you say a government service is run more efficiently than a private service :lmao:

Let me see:
-he removed the vehicle tax, something which I didn't see improving infrastructure or roads.
-privatised garbage, no more f'ing strikes & those garbage bastards holding the city hostage. I remember us having strikes every summer & the whole city would stink! They end up putting garbage in parks & it was a disgrace. I'm glad they get it in the ass.
-he made some service an essential service which I was glad he did.
-he removed the land transfer tax. We're taxed to death

A few other things I can't remember

Yeah, 1 out of 3 Torontonians that voted. That's scary sad.

"he removed the land transfer tax." Just an example of how misinformed ford nation is.

Last edited:
I guess having garbage collecting for weeks in parks is less disgraceful because the news didn't make headlines on Jimmy Kimmel live!

I know you're bullshitting what you say a government service is run more efficiently than a private service :lmao:

Let me see:
-he removed the vehicle tax, something which I didn't see improving infrastructure or roads.
-privatised garbage, no more f'ing strikes & those garbage bastards holding the city hostage. I remember us having strikes every summer & the whole city would stink! They end up putting garbage in parks & it was a disgrace. I'm glad they get it in the ***.
-he made some service an essential service which I was glad he did.
-he removed the land transfer tax. We're taxed to death

A few other things I can't remember

stupid+people+sign.jpg

We're taxed to death

http://www.sellhomestoronto.com/updatenews4.htm

Toronto's residential property tax rates are lower than municipalities in the GTA.
Some people have been brainwashed by the Fords' harping on about how they're the only ones respecting the taxpayers. If they say something often enough, it must be true. But this isn't. You can't rationally argue against what the numbers say.

http://t.thestar.com/#/article/news...s_listen_up_toronto_youre_getting_a_deal.html

the Fords are about bluster, not rationality. Both of them. During the debates, statements made by each of the candidates were checked for factualness. Tory and Chow would have about 5 mistakes per debate, Ford has over 20. Does that tell you anything?

sure, all politians will be caught out in lies, but not to the extent in both quality and quantity that the Fords manage.

Last edited:
This is the exact problem with current city politics. Every one wants what they want and don't want a cent to pay for something they don't use so nothing gets done. Lots don't want to pay for subways. Lots don't want to pay for road repairs as they don't drive. Lots don't want money spend on arts or business incentives or parks or make up loss of user fees or higher taxes.

Its time we all come together to invest in what will make the city a better more livable place for everyone. That means some people have to give up their personal wants for the better good not short sighted personal gain.

It seems everyone is so caught up in me, mine, I deserve this that they have zero sympathy for other people in different situations from themselves.

Childcare effects you and effects the entire T.O. economy you just might not see it or care.

I don't drive in the city. Only drive to get Out of the city. And I already live 1 minute walk from a subway station and work also 1 minute walk from a subway station. I'm not going to benefit from more subways but other people would. And if you ever been at bloor and young subway station during rush hour you'd know that something needs to change. Again, I hardly ever go that way as I live in the West end. OK, maybe I'm being a bit selfish on the child care issue but I'm just not a fan of handouts in general. Subsidized/cheap housing? Sure, a lot of those people work hard at low paying jobs in Toronto and need somewhere to live but beyond that I'm not exactly ready to give handouts to every John, dick and Harry. Anyways.... My point is that the things I want for the city are not all to benefit me directly, it's things I think would make Toronto better.

Here's a comment from someone posting after a National Post article:

Scottdaryle • 10 hours ago
Despite the pleasing results in Toronto last night, I cannot rid myself of a growing unease. Far too many Torontonians demonstrated just how simple, and irresponsible they are, tossing good judgment and common sense out of the window in their inexplicable rush to choose as their leader a man the equivalent of a human tick.
Fully one third of those who voted last night flipped the bird at their hard won civic duty by voting for a man who makes no secret of his brutish, nasty, disrespectful, untruthful, uncaring, and dimwitted character. (Doug)
Had fortune and karma not gotten in the way, they would also have supported a man who makes no secret of his chemically addicted, racist, homophobic, lecherous, violent, criminal, and dimwitted character. (Rob)
No properly parented child would have voted for Doug or Rob Ford.
Methinks Toronto society has reached the tipping point of a democracy. What can the future hold for the citizenry when it becomes overwhelmed (and infatuated) by hedonistic individuals who have lost their social and moral compass?
We can do so much better if Toronto does indeed wish to be thought of as a world class city. We could begin by teaching our children the seemingly forgotten concept of world class values.

That pretty much explains how 2/3 of us feel.

Well yes, also almost a third of your 2/3 voted for Olivia C. and that says a lot. That is the great thing about democracy, not everyone that thinks they are right actually win.

Sure. But you have to admit that hypothetically, if Chow had dropped out, her supporters would more likely have voted for Tory rather than Ford. I mean, Ford is waaay out there in tea party land, while Tory is more centrist and therefore more palatable to the left.

Since we are hypothesizing, if Rob hadn't got cancer, he would have won, we all know Doug does not have the poll his brother has, could off, should off, who cares. I really hope Tory lives up to the hype and does not become another defender of the rich that will screw the public. Election is over, so we all need to move on.

Sure. But you have to admit that hypothetically, if Chow had dropped out, her supporters would more likely have voted for Tory rather than Ford. I mean, Ford is waaay out there in tea party land, while Tory is more centrist and therefore more palatable to the left.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Since we are hypothesizing, if Rob hadn't got cancer, he would have won, we all know Doug does not have the poll his brother has, could off, should off, who cares. I really hope Tory lives up to the hype and does not become another defender of the rich that will screw the public. Election is over, so we all need to move on.

No, I won't give you that. The delineation between Ford Nation and non-Ford Nation is a pretty clear, heavy, solid line. Then there's Rob's baggage (that Doug didn't have.) Same result.

But thumbs up to your last 2 points!

Oh yea you got me, I do speak 4 languages and yes my spelling is not always perfect since all my education wasn't done in English, I guess that makes all my points invalid.

And by the way, I corrected most of those mistakes before your post, nice try , I won't 'critisize' you ;)

Last edited:
In Ajax we were blessed with internet voting - I voted in my home office, in my sweats, sipping a coffee and we had a whopping 33.4% voter turnout. Abysmal. And that's a massive increase from the 26% turnout in 2010!?!

2/3rds didn't vote - and that's progress...

Oh yea you got me, I do speak 4 languages and yes my spelling is not always perfect since all my education wasn't done in English, I guess that makes all my points invalid.

And by the way, I corrected most of those mistakes before your post, nice try , I won't 'critisize' you ;)

No, but even more curious why you are in favour of Ford. I mean its well documented that he is a racist, homophobe, mysoginist, has derogotory things to say about immigrants. So I'm curious, WHY ford? I mean he (and I mean both Ford's, I refer to both brutes interchangeably) out and out lies evertytime he opened his mouth. The Toronto Star did a great job of highlighting every one of his lies whenever the sh*t came out of his mouth.

This morning I woke up, and read that Tory reached out to Sognaki & Chow to see if they can work together, and I thought, wow, FINALLY a leader that is willing to work alongside people to make Toronto better. No more City Hall Circus that had Toronto under seige for the last four years. And it was nice, and for the first time in a long time, I did not feel agitated about our Mayor.

So yeah, it's not because people don't share my views, I don't understand why that POS Ford.

Back
Top Bottom