Vote | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vote

For all the self-proclaimed inclusion and morality and rainbow-hued unicorns the left blathers on about, they are just as absolute and totalitarian in their views as any other fascist.

If we're going to go with sweeping generalities I believe the vast majority of people world wide just want to go about their business and lead a normal existence without going thru the painful stages of power mongering and crack use needed to pump up an interesting, but ultimately doomed, curriculum vitae.

Last edited:
Uugggh, reading all this Ford nation support makes me want to throw up as much as the thought of going out on a date with Jian Ghomeshi.

I asked my friends last night, after all the outright LIES coming out of the Ford camp, who are these people voting for him (Ford)...seriously who are you?

Ford didn't save nearly as much as he claims he did. Reappropriating is not saving. He was a racist, a homophobe, a mysoginist, and he claims to represent the people??? What f'n people? And then he criticizes Tory for growing up rich. Really Ford?

Really who are you people voting for Ford?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is who Ford Nation is.

http://vimeo.com/110365134

This is who Ford Nation is.

http://vimeo.com/110365134

Or this!

This ranks up there with the typical politician's apology; "I'm sorry if anyone was offended but I take no responsibility for my actions which caused the offense in the first place."
You posted that quote from the NP comment because it reflected your own beliefs. Don't back-pedal now just because it wasn't received with the applause and accolades you expected. Stick to your "higher moral ground" and stand behind it.
You're clearly not fine with the democratic process because you have an issue with people voting differently from you. To the point where you felt it was appropriate to post a quote attacking voters' intelligence, their parents, and hinting that they shouldn't be allowed to vote. Is that what YOUR parents taught you?
No, labels are applied by people. In this case, by people who look for fault at every turn and shriek in abject horror when the person they dislike acts in a way that the PC crowd has deemed inappropriate. It's funny that it's largely straight white liberals that attack Ford for racism, yet he appears to be very popular within minority communities. Ford has certainly acted abysmally on many occasions and as mayor should have been held to a higher standard but his critics act like such Pollyannas, as though they themselves have always behaved with the utmost purity of thought and deed.
I fail to see anything "moral" in promoting the belittling of people who hold a dissenting opinion, even if they can't articulate their reasons to your satisfaction. I have yet to hear a compelling argument for supporting Trudeau the Lesser beyond he has great hair but to each his own. For whatever reasons, Ford appeals to a fair number of people in Toronto and even though he's no longer mayor, those people are still citizens and have every right to their views.
For all the self-proclaimed inclusion and morality and rainbow-hued unicorns the left blathers on about, they are just as absolute and totalitarian in their views as any other fascist.

But of course you are going to pick the most sensational one. Same as with Tory supporters, for every idiot there is a smart one! and everyone else falls in between

But of course you are going to pick the most sensational one. Same as with Tory supporters, for every idiot there is a smart one! and everyone else falls in between

But thats just what Canadian biker is down tho! "For all the self-proclaimed inclusion and morality and rainbow-hued unicorns the left blathers on about, they are just as absolute and totalitarian in their views as any other fascist."
Its like we cant have a conversation about politics without boing it down to simplistic sensation views of left or right anymore.

You are either a rightwing Freemarket hero standing up against Political correctness or a Right wing racist who only cares about the rights of corporations.
You are either a Progressive egalitarian fighting for a better world or a Lefti Fascists who wants government control in everything .

It drives me nuts most if not everyone has a much more nuanced approach to issues. Its why I stay away from general politics discussions and prefer addressing issues on a case by case basis

But thats just what Canadian biker is down tho! "For all the self-proclaimed inclusion and morality and rainbow-hued unicorns the left blathers on about, they are just as absolute and totalitarian in their views as any other fascist."
Its like we cant have a conversation about politics without boing it down to simplistic sensation views of left or right anymore.

You are either a rightwing Freemarket hero standing up against Political correctness or a Right wing racist who only cares about the rights of corporations.
You are either a Progressive egalitarian fighting for a better world or a Lefti Fascists who wants government control in everything .

It drives me nuts most if not everyone has a much more nuanced approach to issues. Its why I stay away from general politics discussions and prefer addressing issues on a case by case basis
You're absolutely right and I'm not going to try to offer some stuttering self-serving excuse or apology. While I'm actually not a Ford supporter (don't live in TO and don't think he's a very good leader), I certainly do lean to the right.
But (I'm sure you knew this was coming), my objections to some posts were not based on political views - I really do believe in everyone's right to their opinion - it was against the idea that anyone who supported Ford was mentally defective. To wit:
  • What a bunch of lemmings Ford Nation is.
  • ...how misinformed ford nation is.
  • That pretty much explains how 2/3 of us feel. (In reference to the NP comment calling into question the intelligence and the parenting of Ford supporters and suggesting they shouldn't be allowed to vote, as well as referring to Ford's cancer as 'karma')
  • I'm guessing "applying intelligence in our conversation" is tough for Ford Nation.
Can't really see how statements like those put anyone on "higher moral ground" or make their views more valid. And I dislike hypocrites.

Last edited:
Being all reasonable is a hell of a way to argue. Below the belt in my books.

You're absolutely right and I'm not going to try to offer some stuttering self-serving excuse or apology. While I'm actually not a Ford supporter (don't live in TO and don't think he's a very good leader), I certainly do lean to the right.
But (I'm sure you knew this was coming), my objections to some posts were not based on political views - I really do believe in everyone's right to their opinion - it was against the idea that anyone who supported Ford was mentally defective. To wit:
  • What a bunch of lemmings Ford Nation is.
  • ...how misinformed ford nation is.
  • That pretty much explains how 2/3 of us feel. (In reference to the NP comment calling into question the intelligence and the parenting of Ford supporters and suggesting they shouldn't be allowed to vote, as well as referring to Ford's cancer as 'karma')
  • I'm guessing "applying intelligence in our conversation" is tough for Ford Nation.
Can't really see how statements like those put anyone on "higher moral ground" or make their views more valid. And I dislike hypocrites.

I don't disagree with any of your points the statements you picked our goes right into what i'm i am critiquing its simplistic statements on complicated issues. But you then have to acknowledge your statements calling the left "rainbow-hued unicorns" is the same. If you hate hypocrites you shouldn't be one. And i get that its hyperbole but it does not move the conversation along.

Also as i rainbow hued unicorn i find this statement offensive.
rainbow_unicorn_by_scartalon01-d5kbscf.png

Last edited:
But you then have to acknowledge your statements calling the left "rainbow-hued unicorns" is the same. If you hate hypocrites you shouldn't be one.

Here's the thing, though: I have never claimed to be something other than what I am.
Though I'm sorry if anyone was offended by my remarks regarding rainbow-hued unicorns. Rainbow-hued unicorns are of course valued members of our society and I never intended for anyone to infer otherwise.

Here's the thing, though: I have never claimed to be something other than what I am.
Though I'm sorry if anyone was offended by my remarks regarding rainbow-hued unicorns. Rainbow-hued unicorns are of course valued members of our society and I never intended for anyone to infer otherwise.

Who's back-pedalling now? ;)

Last edited:
whac-a-mole-o.gif

Back
Top Bottom