MS surface vs. tablets | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MS surface vs. tablets

Any idea if big stores with good return policy stock the venue 8 or Lenovo miix 8 in TO?

I got an asus transformer from a friend for a few days. At the moment teamviewer + iphone 4S, is a better windows touchscreen experience than the tablet. Otherwise I find the tablet quite zippy.

Any idea if big stores with good return policy stock the venue 8 or Lenovo miix 8 in TO?

I thought I saw some refurbished Venue 8s in the Factory Direct flyer. Not sure about return policies.

Thanks CruisnGrrl, will check those out this weekend
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I use Malware Bytes AdAware and SpyBot Search and Destroy. I find a lot of antivirus programs seem to skip over a lot of the malware. Those two have helped me clean out even the machines of the most computer illiterate people I know. But I've been using them for decades so there's probably something better around by now.

No idea if you've decided yet, but I switched from mac to a surface pro a little over a year ago. My mac ran 5 years with no problem before I sold it. My surface pro was AMAZING until it stopped working. It broke in less than a year and I had the worst time dealing with warranties. The thing literally shocked me and all they offered was a $50 rebate.

The thing is an amazing bridge for a tablet that's as strong as a laptop. It was basically a laptop with touchscreen and I loved it. They've still got kinks to work out and I just want the end product because I don't have the time to keep reformatting or sending in for replacements.

With that said, I'm sure plenty of them go for more than a year. But as someone who just needs it for cv writing, emails, booking tickets, etc...I would've thought it would last longer. Personally, I bought all 3 of my options and played around with them for about a week. Then, I sold the other 2 at cost when I made my decision. My view of android tablets are a bit skewed because the industry I was in always bought different ones in bulk and had problems with every single brand at some point.

I use Malware Bytes AdAware and SpyBot Search and Destroy. I find a lot of antivirus programs seem to skip over a lot of the malware. Those two have helped me clean out even the machines of the most computer illiterate people I know. But I've been using them for decades so there's probably something better around by now.

For some reason a lot of antivirus programs don't see adware as malicious even though most of it will reinstall itself if you don't eradicate every single component. thats why i recommend those two basic things tools to people. Worst is a lot of the adware crap piggybacks on legitimate software. it used to be toolbars and i'd have customers who would lose 2/3 of their screen to toolbars that served up adware.

I will probably pick up a miix 2 8" for $150. The miix 2 10" is nice on paper but 10" is just too awkward for a handheld. Plus a cop spotted it way too easily from the incoming lane while I was working on it. Fortunately turbos can get out out of trouble too :)

Back
Top Bottom