Horex bike anyone? 9 Resurgent bike brands article. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Horex bike anyone? 9 Resurgent bike brands article.

I'm sure the great unwashed will be here shortly to point out its all fashion and mismatched parts and bought in engines. And its awesome. Suddenly MV and Ducati are working mans bikes.

How can you be resurgent brand if you don't legally exist and currently no bikes are being sold??

I don't get the concept of resurrecting a name that most people have never heard of. Indian, Norton and Vincent I can see because they are brands that haven't been obscure for 60-70 years.

Its very clever and high end marketing, Matchless, a brand with much success everywhere BUT North America is back as a fashion line of $100 T shirts and $2000 jackets ,like the revival that went through Belstaff, however after launching a jacket line, Matchless will make a limited edition motorbike to go with the coat and gloves.
The exclusivity and obscurity adds to the panache, which equals $$$$

Resurgent brand NAMES is more like it.

Hmmm ... ok, maybe. In that case there could be an article about resurgent brand names almost every day.

Someone mentioned, Norton, Indian ... that's where the world correctly applies in my opinion.

Its very clever and high end marketing, Matchless, a brand with much success everywhere BUT North America is back as a fashion line of $100 T shirts and $2000 jackets ,like the revival that went through Belstaff, however after launching a jacket line, Matchless will make a limited edition motorbike to go with the coat and gloves.
The exclusivity and obscurity adds to the panache, which equals $$$$

Except these brands always go broke. No way that ugly Matchless is going to sell.

Matchless is the same Italian family that bought Belstaff and took it to the moon. They may not stay in business but I don't fear for them going broke anyday soon. The bike wont actually be shown till Nov 6 , but at 30,000. British pounds, apparently the first 50 units are sold.

Hmmm ... ok, maybe. In that case there could be an article about resurgent brand names almost every day.

Someone mentioned, Norton, Indian ... that's where the world correctly applies in my opinion.
My issue is people buying engines and chassis and slapping a classic name badge on them. The "Brough Superior" Moto2 bike was in no way shape or form made by Brough but instead bought from taylormade and had a Brough sticker slapped on the side.

There seems to be a lot of extremely low production run drivel that has little to do with the original brand and only attainable by the wealthy collector.

I think the root cause of all the non-sense of late is too much money in the hands of few ... I just finished reading about a guy who takes 27K USD and pre-2007 Sportster unit to give you one back looking like a street tracker XR750 .... so far he has sold 17 or so of them ... LOL ... good for him, but boy oh boy .... what's next?

Bingo, the Elgi projects, Colorado Nortons, Brough in particular, the "new Ariel" and a host of others are made of unobtainium. They sell and sell well enough to turn a profit for the groups involved. They have nothing much to do with originals expect often the families that own the brand finally make a few quid on the licensing deal.
I'd argue its good for the motorcycle industry, Enfield has a very sharp café bike in their lineup, the V7 guzzi is because of the café revival. ADV bikes are in nearly everyones lineup and retro "standard" bikes are creeping in. It keeps thing moving . And I can add T shirts to my never ending collection.

And I can add T shirts to my never ending collection.

If you have 100$ to spare on a T-shirt ... I know, but since it's real 100% cotton, why not, right? .... LOL ... I would rather spend it on a tire. I am cheap and not an elitist ... as DF would claim.

Back
Top Bottom