Insuring vehicles with multiple companies | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insuring vehicles with multiple companies

akabek

Site Supporter
Our household has two cars and two motorcycles. Both cars and one motorcycle are with one insurance company. The second motorcycle is over 30 years old and due to age the primary insurance company will not insure it so it is with another insurance company. The renewal came up for the older bike and they left a note in the envelope stating if you do not insure all your vehicles with the same insurance company you would lose your newly acquired automotive coverage provided by the ontario automotive policy (OAP 1) wording (section 2.2.1)

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks for confirming. I looked up section 2.2.1 and it said nothing along those lines.

Ties selling is illegal i beleive, not sure though if this would fall into it. Either way threaten to call the ombudsmen if they dont rewrite you a policy upon renewal or give you any further hassle.

It was not actually written in the policy. It was on a separate piece of paper in the envelope.

What insurance company and/or broker included that note?

Thanks.

I got a miserable quote for a dl650 from another Intact broker, John Duffy Brokers.

Maybe this is their strong-handed way of telling people they aren't getting a multi-vehicle discount?

All my insurance is with TD Monnex but since they do not insure bikes over 30 years old I had to insure one bike with Jevco now owed by Intact.

Back
Top Bottom