Aliens? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aliens?

lJcoV18.jpg

the universe is just too big to discount aliens.

Think about it this way....

it was long believed that humans were the only species that were intelligent.
now chimpanzees can battle wits with G.E.D. recipients.

Last edited:
lJcoV18.jpg

the universe is just too big to discount aliens.

Think about it this way....

it was long believed that humans were the only species that were intelligent.
now chimpanzees can battle wits with G.E.D. recipients.
Very cool picture. They recently mapped out the super cluster we are apart of. It's name is laniakea.

I thought the earth was just a few thousand years old. ;)

I thought the earth was just a few thousand years old. ;)

The whole "earth is a few thousand years old" bit is a a fault in the King James Bible, which is a more modern (medieval) and flawed version of the Old Testament.

Yes the King James Version is heavily flawed... But picking out only the flaws and discrediting everything is crazy..

It's kind of like saying your bike is junk and worthless because there is a scratch on the tank and your turn signal is not working.

For the record I am not Christian. Just saying..

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

maybe WE are the Aliens ? Maybe Our planet was uninhabitable with all those Dinosaurs running around eating people. How do we know the "big Bang " wasnt some alien Rocket that was fired on earth to wipe them out so they could re-populate.

Well we know that didn't happen because:
1) People and "dinosaurs" as your thinking of them never lived at the same time.
2) The "big bang" is used to describe the origin of the universe (also time itself) not life on earth
3) The "Dinosaurs" didn't ever become truly extinct they just evolved and are still around today. I will post some pics of them under this. We also share DNA with these Dinosaurs living ancestors that indicates common ancestry.

Poltava_chicken_breed_male2.jpg

blue_jay_5.jpg

dinosaurs.jpg

Last edited:
I've made this comment before. When considering whether or not aliens have visited us, first think about how large the universe is. Given the odds involved it's likely that life would exist elsewhere but just how common would it be? Now would it be as advanced as us? Less advanced? More advanced? Just single celled organisms or primordial ooze?

To that add in that something vaguely recognizable as human has only existed on Earth for perhaps a half a million years at most; modern humans in a range of tens of thousands of years (certainly less than 100,000 years).

The first wireless telegraphs, humanity's first radio transmissions that could be recognized as coming from an intelligent source, were sent in the 1870s. They were of incredibly low power and are unlikely to be at a level that could easily be discerned from natural background radio sources, but let's go with that. That means we have created a 'bubble' in which we could be detected that is 150 light years in radius. There are something like 6,000 stars within that volume of space, of all types, with and without planets.

What I'm getting at, is that the odds of aliens being advanced enough for interstellar travel, if faster than light travel is even possible, being in our tiny neighbourhood, and actually caring enough to notice us in the short time period that we've been around is vanishingly small. You've got a better chance of winning the lottery every week, for the next year.

Last edited:
What I'm getting at, is that the odds of aliens being advanced enough for interstellar travel... is vanishingly small.

I'm curious as to what your opinion is of the so called anti-gravity travel that's a commonly recurring theme in alien-talk? -- and even mentioned in the video I provided in the original post.

I'm curious as to what your opinion is of the so called anti-gravity travel that's a commonly recurring theme in alien-talk? -- and even mentioned in the video I provided in the original post.

Do you have any technical papers or peer reviewed work on this? Currently the working theory on Anti-gravity as far as i know while not impossible by the laws of physics would require more energy than would be readily available...like in the known universe.

Last edited:
Well we know that didn't happen because:
1) People and "dinosaurs" as your thinking of them never lived at the same time. what i implied was that the aliens and dino's wouldnt be able to co-exist.
2) The "big bang" is used to describe the origin of the universe (also time itself) not life on earth Instead of a meteor oe earthquake causing the continents to separate, it could have been a weapon.
3) The "Dinosaurs" didn't ever become truly extinct they just evolved and are still around today. I will post some pics of them under this. We also share DNA with these Dinosaurs living ancestors that indicates common ancestry. I believe this as well, this is why we have alligators, and many other reptillian things

All Im saying is there are many, many other possibilities out there. I'll believe in Aliens before i believe in Jesus, or any kind of God.

What I'm getting at, is that the odds of aliens being advanced enough for interstellar travel, if faster than light travel is even possible, being in our tiny neighbourhood, and actually caring enough to notice us in the short time period that we've been around is vanishingly small. You've got a better chance of winning the lottery every week, for the next year.

Nasa Voyager ?

Are you implying that Aliens would never do what we are already doing ?

we have been researching our own galaxy since 1977 with this nifty little thing.

My opinion is that it's a lot of high sounding pseudo science, as is frequently the case with this sort of stuff.

Nasa Voyager ?

Are you implying that Aliens would never do what we are already doing ?

we have been researching our own galaxy since 1977 with this nifty little thing.

No, I'm not implying anything. I'm outright saying that even if 'they' did that sort of thing it would be much like walking from one end of a beach to the other and hoping to step on one particular grain of sand, the location of which you have absolutely no idea. And the grain of sand might not be there yet, or might have washed out to sea long before you ever got near the beach.

But you're only looking at it as if the aliens had the same species life-span and technology as we do.

What if an alien civilization was sufficiently advanced to have spanned several thousands of billion years already, invented interstellar travel or monitoring technology to have mapped out much of the known universe as well? Then in all likelihood, the reason that we haven't been contacted yet is because we are way too primitive and early in our development for them to acknowledge us. Maybe the litmus test of worthiness is not nuking ourselves and surviving the old-age death of our solar system to reach out beyond the stars.

There may be a entire space federations and empires out there composed of a multitude of alien civilizations, using communications systems entirely out of the range of the narrow spectrum of radio waves that the SETI program is focusing on. And as Voyager drifts further out of the Solar System, aliens will just ignore it, shaking their three heads and rolling their seven eyes at our primitive attempts to be cosmos-politan.

Then we've probably already been catalogued and tagged as being "mostly harmless"...

Last edited:
All Im saying is there are many, many other possibilities out there. I'll believe in Aliens before i believe in Jesus, or any kind of God.

Sure but there isn't evidence to suggest the stuff you suggested. Talking about possibilities is silly without frame of references not everything is possible just cause you can imagine and suggest it. And no alligators and crocodiles are not dinosaurs. Dinosaurs and Alligators only share a common ancestor in archosaurs.. Birds however are dinosaurs.

What if an alien civilization was sufficiently advanced to have spanned several thousands of billion years already, invented interstellar travel or monitoring technology to have mapped out much of the known universe as well? Then in all likelihood, the reason that we haven't been contacted yet is because we are way too primitive and early in our development for them to acknowledge us. Maybe the litmus test of worthiness is not nuking ourselves and surviving the old-age death of our solar system to reach out beyond the stars.

There may be a entire space federations and empires out there composed of a multitude of alien civilizations, using communications systems entirely out of the range of the narrow spectrum of radio waves that the SETI program is focusing on. And as Voyager drifts further out of the Solar System, aliens will just ignore it, shaking their three heads and rolling their seven eyes at our primitive attempts to be cosmos-politan.

Then we've probably already been catalogued and tagged as being "mostly harmless"...

I would love all the things you said to be true. But i don't think we have though enough information to comment on the possible motivation of extraterrestrial species.

To me, just based on the number of stars that exist, I am sure alien life exists/existed/or will exist. The question of whether they visited us or not is another matter.

Apart from the physical challenge that the vast distances of space presents, the other matter is an alien's stage in evolution from a temporal stand point. I.e., what are the chances that a nearby intelligent species has reached a stage of scientific maturity at the same time as us? Unless, as lightcycle touches on, they are multi-million or billion year lifespan aliens.

Chances are, a nearby alien civilization could have ventured out into space and explored earth a million years ago, when our ancestors were still mucking about on the plains of Africa. They may have since died out or stopped caring about alien life on other planets eons ago.

Anyway... "I pray to god there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's bugger all down here on earth":

[video=youtube;yq4uCWtQE24]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq4uCWtQE24[/video]

I would love all the things you said to be true. But i don't think we have though enough information to comment on the possible motivation of extraterrestrial species.

I totally agree with you. I was just playing Devil's Advocate and countering What Ifs with my own What Ifs.

I believe that we only know what we know, and that any speculation, probability, Drake's Equation, etc. is pointless because even with the astronomical odds of any single person winning the lottery, someone still wins anyway...

But you're only looking at it as if the aliens had the same species life-span and technology as we do.

It's completely immaterial how old, mature, and technologically advanced some presumed alien societies might be. So let's presume that there's an alien 'empire' out there that spans tens of thousands of inhabited worlds and has existed for a million years. They've got faster than light travel. In which thousands of the 300 billion stars, in just our galaxy, are their thousands of inhabited systems? Then you have the stumbling block that I've already mentioned; they would have to stumble across us in the tiny fragment of time in which we've existed.

So a stellar civilization has existed for a billion years. It could have burnt out 10 billion years ago and there would be absolutely no remaining evidence of it. Time, numbers, and distances are all against us ever being found. We aren't some bright beacon that screams "HERE WE ARE" for everyone in the universe to see, and come visit. We're not even a pitiful little candle as seen from 20 miles away.

And yes, there is also that point. Assuming that an extraterrestrial species is interested in finding other life is also assuming that they are at least in some vague way like us. Some of the best speculative hard SF that I've read assumes exactly the opposite.

Here is another interesting fact and barrier that galactic travel one i just learned the other day.

The escape velocity of earth is 11.2 Km's per second...thats face
But to leave just the Galaxy that we live in (milky way) you have to be travelling 492-594 Km's per second.

Back
Top Bottom