Aliens? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aliens?

Boots

So an interesting video surfaced of someone affiliated with Area 51 on his deathbed releasing what appears to be classified information.

[video=youtube;VLkcM-bpdiA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLkcM-bpdiA&sns=em[/video]

Now, let me preface this by saying I didn't actively go out searching for videos of aliens, nor do I have a tinfoil hat, nor do I really care about the issue in general (or at least enough to get into a heated debate about it). I guess you can say I'm interested in space itself, so part of space entails the possible existence of extraterrestrial life. So in a way, I'm interested, but I don't care enough to go out and write a thesis on it or something... if that makes sense.

What are your thoughts on aliens or the video in general? Do you think this guy is delusional or do you think he has a point? Given the fact that photo manipulation is beyond easy in this time, do you think these pictures are real or are they just a sham.

Me personally, the universe is exponentially vast. It's said that there are as many suns in the universe as there are grains of sand on all the beaches in the world combined. I'm willing to wager that there is some form of life, whether it be a single celled organism or an organism more complex than us, being housed on one of the planets orbiting any of those suns. And I would say that's a fair assumption to make given the vastness of the universe and the evidence NASA has discovered planets which could be housing life because they are in the habitable zone of their sun.

But questions like: Have they been to earth?, Is the government hiding stuff from us etc etc. always leave me stumped or I refuse to take a position on them.

But I'm definitely curious as to what you guys think about the topic especially after this video since it seems to be getting some notoriety.

edit: I also want to point out an interesting question Neil DeGrasse Tyson raises: Would aliens even want to visit earth? He asks this in one of his Cosmos episodes. Basically, when we walk on the side walk and we step on ants, we do so because of our specieist ways because we are 'rational' and the ant is...well..just a bug. We don't show any regard for the ant. Neil raises the point of if there were E.T. life far more advanced than us that there is the possibility that if they made it to earth they would merely skip the planet because to them we are the ants and they are the humans in the former scenario. It's interesting to think about.

Last edited:
The things Boyd Bushman has said he did and things he actually did are in dispute. He's being peddling the same shtick for a years.

Its probable life exists on other planets but not very likely it would have visited us. But truth be told I want to believe..alien visitors would be cool.

But humans have a natural curiosity of living things around us, even the humble ant. We haven't found any conclusive evidence of any life let alone intelligent life out there so it must be a rare thing in the known universe. Even if we are eons less advanced than visiting aliens, I believe they would be curious enough about us to take a closer look.

There's times you have to wonder if there's intelligent life here on earth let alone anywhere else.

On topic...why would aliens come all this way to earth and only reveal themselves to nutters?

Even if we are eons less advanced than visiting aliens, I believe they would be curious enough about us to take a closer look.
This may be the case to be honest. To be fair, my paraphrasing of Neil's point didn't do it's justice; you've gotta hear his angelic voice and linguistics to appreciate the case he makes.

But I typically agree with you. You can see instances of it even today: us humans trying to find even the most primitive forms of life trapped within the surface of mars or on one of the moons of jupiter. Tyson might have been wrong in the way he worded his ideas because realistically an enormous amount of money is being dished out just to find that single celled organism on other planets in our own solar system.

I only read the OP because I don't want to lose my thoughts.

First of all the video doesn't seem to work. 2nd, I do believe there is some sort of life out there. You're right, the universe is so large it can be described as INFINITE! We are just a small speck in this universe but we like to think we're the centre of it all. Just like when we thought the sun revolves around us.

We like to think life is complicated & how impossible it is for life to come about, but bear in mind this earth is a couple billion years old. That's alot of time. Mother nature had a lot of time to perfect & build herself. Our time here on earth is also a speck of sand on the beach. Amino acids which is the building block of life can be formed simply from lightning & a few compounds of C and N.

About other life coming on earth. I don't think they might have landed here as yet, or if they do they might have lost the coordinates. Reason I said that is because of resources... when the Europeans discovered the Americas think of what happened. They literally plundered everything & sent it back to Europe. The same can happen here. If they have reached us it means they are more advanced than us. More advanced than us means they have better technology, which means they can probably annihilate us

This may be the case to be honest. To be fair, my paraphrasing of Neil's point didn't do it's justice; you've gotta hear his angelic voice and linguistics to appreciate the case he makes.

But I typically agree with you. You can see instances of it even today: us humans trying to find even the most primitive forms of life trapped within the surface of mars or on one of the moons of jupiter. Tyson might have been wrong in the way he worded his ideas because realistically an enormous amount of money is being dished out just to find that single celled organism on other planets in our own solar system.

*nerd alert*

If you want to hear reasoning from the smartest minds, you should hear what Stephen Hawkings have to say. He brings up some really good points.

I do believe in outerspace discovery. That's actually beneficial to us in that:

1. What if there is a meteor hit into the earth? Do we want to be remembered as the dinosaurs? We are floating in space debris & it will be a matter of time before we spin into a meteor. Remember the earth is spinning at thousands of km/h. Just the other day a meteor passed really close to mars. We get close to meteors every year. We should have a backup plan if our species is to survive.

2. Remember what I said about the aliens being more advanced than us? We need to advance ourselves so that we can find them before they find us. In layman's terms if this happens we're F'ed

My beliefs are that our planet has already been visited.

we have learned that Earth is around 4 billion years old, and we can map out timelines of certain era's to know how long ( roughly ) they lasted.
and in the grand scheme of things HumanBeings dont even get on the scale we havent been here that long.

maybe WE are the Aliens ? Maybe Our planet was uninhabitable with all those Dinosaurs running around eating people. How do we know the "big Bang " wasnt some alien Rocket that was fired on earth to wipe them out so they could re-populate.

I hope when we die, it all gets revealed

If you put reasonable minimum values into the Drake Equation you get more than 1 (more than us).

The question is the ability to travel between planets, which based on physics as we know it today--is an epic journey. Why make the epic journey just to harass a few people... Even then, if it is just exploring, why send beings (even we have learned to send robots)?

But humans have a natural curiosity of living things around us, even the humble ant. We haven't found any conclusive evidence of any life let alone intelligent life out there so it must be a rare thing in the known universe. Even if we are eons less advanced than visiting aliens, I believe they would be curious enough about us to take a closer look.

If an alien civilization is advanced enough to actually come visit us, then they already know a great deal about us, and we're very likely "ants" to them. Just as you and I wouldn't expend a great deal of time and resources to visit some ants here on earth, an advanced alien would likely feel the same about coming to see us.

If you put reasonable minimum values into the Drake Equation you get more than 1 (more than us).

The question is the ability to travel between planets, which based on physics as we know it today--is an epic journey. Why make the epic journey just to harass a few people... Even then, if it is just exploring, why send beings (even we have learned to send robots)?

Might only be a fraction of a second to an alien race. Inter-stellar travel to them could be like Flying for us.

If an alien civilization is advanced enough to actually come visit us, then they already know a great deal about us, and we're very likely "ants" to them. Just as you and I wouldn't expend a great deal of time and resources to visit some ants here on earth, an advanced alien would likely feel the same about coming to see us.

Funny. we have scientists on Earth that study ant colonies for their entire lives.

Also, When Columbus landed in America, he didnt know anything about the people, yet he went.

maybe WE are the Aliens ?

That's an interesting idea and on a fundamental and basic level it could be true. Some studies have suggested that there is a possibility that single celled organisms made it to earth via asteroids and then evolved from that point on. So technically we could be alien to the planet this way.

I only read the OP because I don't want to lose my thoughts.

First of all the video doesn't seem to work. 2nd, I

Weird, I'll see if I can find it when I get home from work. it was working yesterday. That would open up a whole new can of worms if it got taken down or something...

Humans are part of the same evolutionary family as dinosaurs. None of the extinction level events wiped out 100% of the planets population. Humans, like all mammals, like all birds, like all lizards, like all dinosaurs are "vertebrae". Humans, like dinosaurs have two legs, two arms (or four limbs total), and we have all have a head, which houses our brain, two eyes, above two nostrils, above one mouth, with an ear on each side.

Humans didn't evolve from dinosaurs, but shared a much earlier ancestor which had all the physical traits above.

A lot of people would like to believe aliens wiped out dinosaurs to make earth habitable for humans. It would fill humanity with purpose and make us feel part of something larger.

Unfortunately this is definitely not the case.

That's an interesting idea and on a fundamental and basic level it could be true. Some studies have suggested that there is a possibility that single celled organisms made it to earth via asteroids and then evolved from that point on. So technically we could be alien to the planet this way.
That's another theory. Just like others, not proven.

But my bet goes to Amino acids randomly combining themselves to form more complex proteins. Remember the earth had billions of years to get this right.

I can even make basic amino acids in the lab, just give me a high voltage (lightning in the real world), plus some compounds of Nitrogen & carbon

Tyson might have been wrong in the way he worded his ideas because realistically an enormous amount of money is being dished out just to find that single celled organism on other planets in our own solar system.

But another possibility is that the universe is teeming with life and more advanced civilizations have visited enough planets full of "ants" that our world may just not be that interesting to them.

That's another theory. Just like others, not proven.

But my bet goes to Amino acids randomly combining themselves to form more complex proteins. Remember the earth had billions of years to get this right.

I can even make basic amino acids in the lab, just give me a high voltage (lightning in the real world), plus some compounds of Nitrogen & carbon
Oh I definitely agree the primordial soup theory has weight don't get me wrong.

Back
Top Bottom