What is your favourite 600?(including 636) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What is your favourite 600?(including 636)

Looking to upgrade to a 600 in spring and just want to hear everyone's opinions on what's ur favorite bike and why?guna have to wait till next year till I can test ride the options but I would like to know what Yall think!
if you buy this years model at the january bike show you will save a couple grand

I have met several riders on sportbike who have been riding for 3-4 years and they couldn't even turn in the corner, only go faster on the straight. Will they survive? Yes I think they will but I don't see the point to ride a sportbike if I can't even take the corner because this is what the bike is built for. It's a lot easier to learn on a lighter and less powerful bike, also it's cheaper to fix if you screw up ;)

If I had to buy 600 SS again I will get the Kawi this time.

i've said it many times before. - get whatever gets you excited when you look at it.

You wont' ever be able to evaluate or even tell teh differences between power delivery, handling or any of the factors that differ amongst the brands...

I had one dude bore the hell out of me talking about how the rake on his bike is far superior than the other brands.

Stinking magazines and phrases. Killing parking lot meets slowly.

Brand loyalty

Nothing really makes them better. Mind you some bikes are more problematic than others. Some have a more aggressive seating positions, others more relaxed. A guy who's 5"2 and 130 pounds is gonna have a different opinion on which bike is the best than a guy who's 6"1 220lbs.

The rest is personal preference, some like undertail exhausts, others like green "monster" stickers ;)
Dual headlights vs single, then there's the ducati guys. No one really understand them... ;)

Good points. Makes sense.
I am easy to understand. I don`t judge people, their bikes, etc. I like to laugh, have fun. Don`t pose, don`t care if you do, really. No peer pressure here.

i've said it many times before. - get whatever gets you excited when you look at it.

You wont' ever be able to evaluate or even tell teh differences between power delivery, handling or any of the factors that differ amongst the brands...

I had one dude bore the hell out of me talking about how the rake on his bike is far superior than the other brands.

Stinking magazines and phrases. Killing parking lot meets slowly.

+1
Aside from looks/ergos/insurance, my ______ laps Laguna seca X-seconds faster than _____ is a moot point to everyone short of those that live beside a racetrack.

Daytona 675 all day :)

CBR if we're only doing the I4s

I listed my 675 for sale but I don't know if I will have the heart to let it go...even if it didn't handle well, the sound is intoxicating.

I would not buy a 600 class bike for Ontario...there are no good canyons to ride in locally..and you don't wanna be making a trip to PA or Bancroft with a 600.

Supermoto, or buy a lighter sport tour bike (like SV650 or Ninja 650)

Last edited:
Super motos look fun af but wouldent want them for long rides and highways like u said also can't do track days with that ... @jeffjones yea I got a 500 now is what I learned on love it but ready for some more power thanks for that answer

Thanks for the answers everyone..and yea Corning to me is 10x more fun then just riding straight and fast and I know some cool hills around my place to practice that on ..if you go out in the country and look around U can find some cool routes with lots of curves but yea sucks we got no canyons

Thanks for the answers everyone..and yea Corning to me is 10x more fun then just riding straight and fast and I know some cool hills around my place to practice that on ..if you go out in the country and look around U can find some cool routes with lots of curves but yea sucks we got no canyons

I like v-twins for the street, because they sound good even when you're going slow...an I4 or the 675 they sound boring and annoying at low speeds...so basically the whole time you're riding it's urging you to go fast and get in trouble.

Everyone is different, but for me the twins keep me out of trouble on the street.

My first real sport bike was a Honda VTR1000F...lots of power but good v-twin sound and a little more comfortable than a 600 SS bike, maybe try riding one and see if you like it? Sometimes you can find good deals on them.

If you absolutely must have big power (over ~100hp) you could get an RSV Mille or Tuono, or RC51...I wouldn't recommend going Ducati just because the maintenance is annoying even if you do it yourself.

R6 will provide you with the most smiles

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Really depends on the year...

First gen r6 had second gear issues, second gen ignition coils and bike shutting down for no reason, next generation the crank was made out of cornflakes and the recent ones are as comfortable as some medieval torture devices

Cruising around you'll be fine, but there will come a time when you decide to push it and thats when the problems start. That corner that seems so far away all of the sudden is right in front of you, you look down on the speedo and it reads north of 150km/h. You panic, hit the brakes and its lights out...

Never got to the lights out part, but the "This isn't so (RPMs pass 8k) baaaaa..." (slows down) "...ad. Okay, then." part I understand. That was an older, carbed zx6 too, probably 60lbs heavier and 25hp less than the EFI rockets of today. Always loved the sound of that bike idling at the lights.

there are no good canyons to ride in locally..and you don't wanna be making a trip to PA or Bancroft with a 600.

Why?

Ok, I'll take the bait...because most people wouldn't be comfortable riding long distances with the ergonomics of a 600.

I rode my 675 from LA to Vegas once because no other vehicles of mine were working...would I do it again? Maybe in the same situation, but I would prefer not to...

Also high revving engines are not designed for longevity...yes, you can get 100k miles out of a 600 if you REALLY baby it, but droning on highways and interstates for hours is taking unnecessary life out of something that is meant to perform, not transport.

Ok, I'll take the bait...because most people wouldn't be comfortable riding long distances with the ergonomics of a 600.

I rode my 675 from LA to Vegas once because no other vehicles of mine were working...would I do it again? Maybe in the same situation, but I would prefer not to...

Also high revving engines are not designed for longevity...yes, you can get 100k miles out of a 600 if you REALLY baby it, but droning on highways and interstates for hours is taking unnecessary life out of something that is meant to perform, not transport.

lol so far from the truth.

I've had a few SS bikes with close to or over 100,000km on them with zero issues. My Honda B-Series car which got beaten on regularly and had a 10k rev limit had over 200,000km and didn't burn a drop of oil or have any other mechanical issues engine wise. I am far from the only one with these experiences. The biggest negative I would say to any SS would be the riding position for some people.

lol so far from the truth.

I've had a few SS bikes with close to or over 100,000km on them with zero issues. My Honda B-Series car which got beaten on regularly and had a 10k rev limit had over 200,000km and didn't burn a drop of oil or have any other mechanical issues engine wise. I am far from the only one with these experiences. The biggest negative I would say to any SS would be the riding position for some people.

1) 100,000km isn't 100,000mi
2) a B-series honda engine makes considerably less power per displacement and doesn't rev as high as a 600cc supersport bike

What I said is true, and if you babied your 600s and got lots of life out of them, good for you, but your anecdote doesn't negate the truth

Good choice. I rode one of these. Mine was a 2018 model.

Wow. Have never ridden a 2018 model. Back to the future. Sorry. Couldn`t resist. Lol. Typing error? Or you know something we do not.

1) 100,000km isn't 100,000mi
2) a B-series honda engine makes considerably less power per displacement and doesn't rev as high as a 600cc supersport bike

What I said is true, and if you babied your 600s and got lots of life out of them, good for you, but your anecdote doesn't negate the truth
I ride the crap out of my bikes. Trackdays and street one of them has over 300,000km on it so... Use good oil and they run a very long time. And my gsxrs are comfy enough to ride to the east coast, only stopping for fuel and a smoke.

Yea comfort is a main thing I'm interested in cause I like long rides and would like to do road trips in the future.. Also will be on the street more then the track so I do want a fast bike but being comfortable is important so maybe the r6 aint the best for that

Back
Top Bottom