Importing a frame from USA | GTAMotorcycle.com

Importing a frame from USA

I think this would no different then an entire bike? The frame would need to go through the import process as normal or it could not be registered here for road use.

I am sure someone with direct expertise will comment further :)

With a VIN or just a blank frame? blank frame should be easy, I would expect if you want to register it with a US VIN on the street in Ontario, you need to do the import paperwork (I guess the inspection comes after you rebuild the bike?).

I am operating on an assumption that you want to use that frame to construct an Ontario-legal fully registered licensed and insured motorcycle.

In that case - "Without having ownership papers" - NO.

You have to follow the same RIV procedure as for a fully assembled bike. You need the recall clearance certificate, you need the ownership paperwork, you need to file paperwork with US customs to export it, you need to file paperwork with Canada Customs to import it.

Furthermore, the RIV inspection has a deadline that you have to meet, once you get it across the border.

Get the ownership paperwork straightened out on the US side first, then bring it across with all the relevant paperwork in place.

I am operating on an assumption that you want to use that frame to construct an Ontario-legal fully registered licensed and insured motorcycle.

In that case - "Without having ownership papers" - NO.

You have to follow the same RIV procedure as for a fully assembled bike. You need the recall clearance certificate, you need the ownership paperwork, you need to file paperwork with US customs to export it, you need to file paperwork with Canada Customs to import it.

Furthermore, the RIV inspection has a deadline that you have to meet, once you get it across the border.

Get the ownership paperwork straightened out on the US side first, then bring it across with all the relevant paperwork in place.

Thanks this was what I was looking for

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Back
Top Bottom