Need to unplug Maxi Fuse for Alarm when removing battery? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need to unplug Maxi Fuse for Alarm when removing battery?

Rebelrider1

Does anyone know if I need to pull the maxi fuse before I disconnect the battery. I have an alarm system on my bike and last year I didn't have a problem when I took the battery out but Oboy - when I put the battery back in it screamed at me. So I was thinking if I pulled the maxi fuse - that would disarm the alarm.
Also I tried some searches online. The HD site said I can put the ignition switch to ON along with the Fob. I've never taken the battery out with the bike in On.

1. Remove the seat. See Seats and follow procedure for the appropriate model.
  2. If equipped with security system siren, turn the ignition switch ON with the hands-free fob present to disarm the security system.
  3. See Battery Connections. Loosen bolt and remove battery negative cable (black) from battery negative (-) terminal.
  4. Loosen bolt and remove battery positive cable (red) from battery positive (+) terminal.
  5. Lift battery from battery box within oil tank cavity.

Well, im guessing, setting the bike to ON = disarms it. When you pull it out, it turns bike off. And when you put battery back in, its still dissarmed.

So. Dont touch the fuse, just trying to do what instructions tell you.

harley says remove maxi fuse for everything, i never removed it once with all the wiring i did on mine.

harley says remove maxi fuse for everything, i never removed it once with all the wiring i did on mine.

Yeah - I didn't remove it. I just put the bike On and then removed the battery. No alarm went off, so we shall see what happens in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom