Ducati keys | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati keys

Thanks for confirming. I bought the bike used about a couple of months ago from a guy in kitchener. He only have one black key left. I messaged him but no reply so I assume that he does not have the code anymore. Hence I'm trying to find other ways.

I'm not sure if this is good news to hear, but in the 4 or so years I've owned my '09 Monster 696, the immobilizer has never been activated. I have ridden her in the rain and in the cold (often until Dec) with no problems. But, that's no guarantee that something won't trip it up in the future.

When you bought the bike, did the seller disclose to you, before making the sale, that he didn't have the Code Card?

He told me I only have one key and I didn't know about the immobilizer and code card after a week. That was totally my fault for not doing research.

That's good to hear that the immobilizer does not really trip.*Although some forums say it happens. It feels like a gamble of getting stuck somewhere everytime I go for a ride.

I'm not sure if this is good news to hear, but in the 4 or so years I've owned my '09 Monster 696, the immobilizer has never been activated. I have ridden her in the rain and in the cold (often until Dec) with no problems. But, that's no guarantee that something won't trip it up in the future.

When you bought the bike, did the seller disclose to you, before making the sale, that he didn't have the Code Card?

if it trips you can take the immo ring off its easy to do
just wipe it down make sure its dry and try again
or use a heat gun or hair dryer to warm up the immo ring

Back
Top Bottom