Ducati keys | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati keys

Nite Rider

Any body know who can clone copy a 2011 Ducati monster 696 key around hamilton to mississauga area? Or anyone who cane read the master code from the ecu? I bought a bike and the original owner lost the code card. Any related info is greatly appreciated.

This is a job for the dealer. They should be able to look up the key code knowing the VIN.

Do you have the 'red Key? Older ducs had a master key and from this key you can make the black keys. Or may have to update the ECU if you do not have the card.

Any body know who can clone copy a 2011 Ducati monster 696 key around hamilton to mississauga area? Or anyone who cane read the master code from the ecu? I bought a bike and the original owner lost the code card. Any related info is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately the previous owner only have one black key and lost the other. I beleive 2011 only uses the code card. I already went to Duc Dealer and i was told that chances are i have to replace the ecu and other things wich would sum up close to $3500.

Do you have the 'red Key? Older ducs had a master key and from this key you can make the black keys. Or may have to update the ECU if you do not have the card.

I'm pretty sure the 2011 did not come with a red key. My 09 696 came with a code card only. I'm pretty sure they kept that system in place for all 696s (and i would guess the 796s and 1100s)

Not familiar with this bike. Does it have a pin code on your display when you start up?

Last edited:
Unfortunately the previous owner only have one black key and lost the other. I beleive 2011 only uses the code card. I already went to Duc Dealer and i was told that chances are i have to replace the ecu and other things wich would sum up close to $3500.

Sounds like a typical Ducati dealer.

51024490.jpg

monsters dont use pin
its even more messed up
you have to twist the throttle tube to enter the code and look for engine light to flash when you do it
and when you mess up you need to start over

just clone ur self 2 extra keys and you will be just fine

I have read on other forums that if you do not have the code and the immobilizer malfunctions then youll get stuck. It happens a often when its cold and it rains. The code is needed to bypass the immobilizer. Is this true? Or a coded key can bypass it too?

monsters dont use pin
its even more messed up
you have to twist the throttle tube to enter the code and look for engine light to flash when you do it
and when you mess up you need to start over

just clone ur self 2 extra keys and you will be just fine

I have read on other forums that if you do not have the code and the immobilizer malfunctions then youll get stuck. It happens a often when its cold and it rains. The code is needed to bypass the immobilizer. Is this true? Or a coded key can bypass it too?

If the immobilizer is activated, a genuine key or cloned key will not help you. You will require the five digit "electronic code" found on the Code Card.

When in doubt, call Ducati North America.

OP, hope things work out for you.

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming. I bought the bike used about a couple of months ago from a guy in kitchener. He only have one black key left. I messaged him but no reply so I assume that he does not have the code anymore. Hence I'm trying to find other ways.

If the immobilizer is activated, a genuine key or cloned key will not help you.

OP, hope things work out for you.

Back
Top Bottom