Speeding ticket this year? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Speeding ticket this year?

I recently thought up of a game. When you see a cop going the opposing side, instead of waiting for him to flip a U-wee and follow you, what if you flip a u-wee and shadow him?.. wait, not a great idea close to haloween. Scratch that.
It works.

Went through a RIDE check once just as they were setting up, didn't get stopped. Realized that was actually where I was supposed to turn so I turned around and went back through it. Cops didn't even bother asking me anything and just laughed. I did point out that the car they just let through had their gas filler door open and the driver was probably drunk.

In the past year I've had just one close call and it was on Hockley Valley Road, where I ought to have known better. Just booting along having fun on my way home and spot an OPP cruiser going the opposite way. A quick glance at the speedo brings an immediate, "Oh crap". I check the mirror and yup, his brake lights come on, then all the rest of the lights come on and he swerves to the shoulder to make a U-turn. Before he is even half way back to me I have pulled onto the shoulder and parked the bike. As he is pulling up I get the helmet off and prepare to get my paperwork out.

After the usual questions about where I was going in such a hurry he explains there have been a number of complaints from local residents about speeding along Hockley Valley Road. I tell him I work at Hockley Resort and hear it daily, so I understand the reason for the complaints and the increased enforcement. He then cautions me about the dangers of speeding and goes back to the cruiser to check my record. When he comes back we chat about riding, golf and nice roads in the area, he then hands me back all my info and says have a nice day and ride safe.

For the next few weeks I continued to see an increased presence all along the valley and am sure I spotted the same officer a few more times.

+1 to profiling if it works in your favour.

In the past year I've had just one close call and it was on Hockley Valley Road, where I ought to have known better. Just booting along having fun on my way home and spot an OPP cruiser going the opposite way. A quick glance at the speedo brings an immediate, "Oh crap". I check the mirror and yup, his brake lights come on, then all the rest of the lights come on and he swerves to the shoulder to make a U-turn. Before he is even half way back to me I have pulled onto the shoulder and parked the bike. As he is pulling up I get the helmet off and prepare to get my paperwork out.

After the usual questions about where I was going in such a hurry he explains there have been a number of complaints from local residents about speeding along Hockley Valley Road. I tell him I work at Hockley Resort and hear it daily, so I understand the reason for the complaints and the increased enforcement. He then cautions me about the dangers of speeding and goes back to the cruiser to check my record. When he comes back we chat about riding, golf and nice roads in the area, he then hands me back all my info and says have a nice day and ride safe.

For the next few weeks I continued to see an increased presence all along the valley and am sure I spotted the same officer a few more times.

You got caught on Hockley on a bike, and got let off? You have a horseshoe up your ***

I used to have bikes that were faster - a ninja 1000 and a vfr 750. I got 5 tickets in one riding season and sold them and bought KLR:(

I think I'd have to sell all my vehicles and take the bus if I got that many tickets in a year.

No tickets this season. None last season either. Season before that I got one for 70 in a 50 on Scarlett Rd on my 650R. Year before that I got one in a Civic rental at the end of the Allen going 94 in a 60 (thought it was 80 all the way down and told him so, he told me I was still speeding). That one got reduced to 1 over and never showed up on my record. Cop must've cut me a break because my license said I was from Guelph.

Came out of a corner at ~130 after passing an elderly couple doing 10K under the limit and there was a cruiser on the other side. He pulled over to chase, I shook my head to let him know this wasn't going to go his way and he pulled back onto the road behind me, and gave me a palms down sign with his hand.

But last year I had two sort-of similar encounters in one day, lol Took the RSV4 into the County again, on a lone ride but meeting up with family. Coming down the hill on #2 at Napanee there was a police cruiser sitting behind a sign not far from the rock cut at Palace Road. I was doing about 120, and I spotted him nosing the car out. As I approached, I slowed down to about 100 and waved at him like I knew him... and kept on going. He did not give chase.

Coming back, I decided to go up #49 and cut off into the back roads to do the loop through Demorestville/Northport in a spirited fashion. I'm travelling up #49 at about 15 over the speed limit behind a line of three vehicles, the last two of which were "minivans" (like there's been a mini van in 10 years) to a sharp corner by Bannister's house near the old folk's home.

On the other side of the corner, there is a speed trap set up with two police cars on Folkard Lane. The vehicles in front of me slow down to a crawl, but there's a single yellow line and so I pull over to the left of the lane to pass the minivan ahead of me, as I can see from my vantage point that there is at least one vehicle pulling over to the right - but I can't see the police cars for the minivan. So I pull over to pass on the left, rationalizing that there's no reason I can't pass this minivan right now. At this point we're basically stopped. So I get on the throttle (in first) and cruise on past the minivan, slipping the clutch a bit under throttle because the RSV4 has fairly tall gearing - which sounds a lot like a race start, to the uninitiated.

That's when I see the police cars and one burly cop, well over six feet, running flat-out in big cop boots, to his car and glancing right at me. Clearly I've disturbed his equilibrium. I look down, I'm doing 70km/h indicated. I look back over at him and the other cop who is standing beside one of the minivans I was following, having pulled it over. Then I wave jauntily to the two of them and continue down the road doing 70km/h. They did not give chase. :)

I figure that in case #2 he reached the car and looked down at the radar, realising that I wasn't really speeding and there was no legal reason I couldn't pass a minivan that was almost stopped on a single-lined road. But I'd rather think that my jaunty wave gave them a sense of companionship. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Last edited:
Funny how they don't look in your direction twice, klr lol can't be speeding.

This is why I bought an Audi S4. From most vantage points, it looks like a rental car. Its invisible.

Came out of a corner at ~130 after passing an elderly couple doing 10K under the limit and there was a cruiser on the other side. He pulled over to chase, I shook my head to let him know this wasn't going to go his way and he pulled back onto the road behind me, and gave me a palms down sign with his hand.

But last year I had two sort-of similar encounters in one day, lol Took the RSV4 into the County again, on a lone ride but meeting up with family. Coming down the hill on #2 at Napanee there was a police cruiser sitting behind a sign not far from the rock cut at Palace Road. I was doing about 120, and I spotted him nosing the car out. As I approached, I slowed down to about 100 and waved at him like I knew him... and kept on going. He did not give chase.

Coming back, I decided to go up #49 and cut off into the back roads to do the loop through Demorestville/Northport in a spirited fashion. I'm travelling up #49 at about 15 over the speed limit behind a line of three vehicles, the last two of which were "minivans" (like there's been a mini van in 10 years) to a sharp corner by Bannister's house near the old folk's home.

On the other side of the corner, there is a speed trap set up with two police cars on Folkard Lane. The vehicles in front of me slow down to a crawl, but there's a single yellow line and so I pull over to the left of the lane to pass the minivan ahead of me, as I can see from my vantage point that there is at least one vehicle pulling over to the right - but I can't see the police cars for the minivan. So I pull over to pass on the left, rationalizing that there's no reason I can't pass this minivan right now. At this point we're basically stopped. So I get on the throttle (in first) and cruise on past the minivan, slipping the clutch a bit under throttle because the RSV4 has fairly tall gearing - which sounds a lot like a race start, to the uninitiated.

That's when I see the police cars and one burly cop, well over six feet, running flat-out in big cop boots, to his car and glancing right at me. Clearly I've disturbed his equilibrium. I look down, I'm doing 70km/h indicated. I look back over at him and the other cop who is standing beside one of the minivans I was following, having pulled it over. Then I wave jauntily to the two of them and continue down the road doing 70km/h. They did not give chase. :)

I figure that in case #2 he reached the car and looked down at the radar, realising that I wasn't really speeding and there was no legal reason I couldn't pass a minivan that was almost stopped on a single-lined road. But I'd rather think that my jaunty wave gave them a sense of companionship. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I can testify, that the wave works. It must just weird them out lol.

Back
Top Bottom