Brake lever guards | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brake lever guards

I bought the Driven brake guard that's inserted into the bar end. I have stock bars, so didn't have room for the Woodcraft style one. The Driven guard has a breakaway top, so in the event of a crash, your hand will slip out from the bar, but will protect from front or side contact from another rider.
http://www.rpmoto.ca/Lever-Guard-DXL1.htm

After searching I found some all aluminum ones. The cheaper ones are plastic though.

I think I paid $60 shipped for a pair of the all aluminum ones, however, after reading the comments about crash risks I can say that when mine broke off it left behind a dangerous piece that could easily stab or slice. One like Jay has would be much safer I'd think.

I bought the Driven brake guard that's inserted into the bar end. I have stock bars, so didn't have room for the Woodcraft style one. The Driven guard has a breakaway top, so in the event of a crash, your hand will slip out from the bar, but will protect from front or side contact from another rider.
http://www.rpmoto.ca/Lever-Guard-DXL1.htm
Very nice, I still think there is potential to get your hand stuck but a lot better than a regular woodcraft style.

MotoGp uses this style, notice the slant on the guard
8d89064f-d313-4eea-a63e-fcb622a04f16.jpg

I like my Dion device, I've never even noticed it was there. If you break the plastic on the end you've mad some very serious contact and having your lever hit will be the least of your worries.

I like my Dion device, I've never even noticed it was there. If you break the plastic on the end you've mad some very serious contact and having your lever hit will be the least of your worries.
or dropped your bike while trying to put it on the stand on your own after a session, don't ask me how i know :angry7: (faulty spool)

The silver lining is that i have some spare parts for the replacement i bought

Last edited:
I think I paid $60 shipped for a pair of the all aluminum ones, however, after reading the comments about crash risks I can say that when mine broke off it left behind a dangerous piece that could easily stab or slice. One like Jay has would be much safer I'd think.

These guards are not designed to protect the hand in a crash, they are designed to stop a side-collision from pulling the brake lever, so a break-away plastic design is likely safer than a hard piece of sharp aluminum left behind, or worse, carbon fiber, which can turn into a shiv quickly.

Aluminum or carbon-fiber and certain types of brittle plastic tend to break leaving fractured sharp edges. Steel and plastic of the normal injection-molding compounds tend to just bend and get mangled. I think I'd rather have the latter scenario given that my fingers and hand are in close proximity.

Back
Top Bottom