what would you do with a BIG money win? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

what would you do with a BIG money win?

250k is nothing so I'd probably just buy an R8 or a 911 Turbo or something.

I'm not sure where you are but life outside the gta where I am is just as expensive if not worse. Cheap around here is half a mil for a house built in the 70s. New starts at well over 6.
Eastern Provinces are a whole lot cheaper than the GTA. (ie NB, NS)
Even when i talk about prices-of-places-here-and-what-you-get-for-it to my old friends from Quebec city, they're flabbergasted at how much we're paying for a semi-detached with a 20'x20' backyard in cookie cutter town.

Oh and i gotta come clean. I miscalculumanated which makes me a big fat liar. 200k invested in the right income funds would give you approx 800/ month.
I overlooked the 125k thinking, 'meh, wont make such a big difference'. Turns out it does.

Anyhow. Wheres my 250k cheque?

It seems the answers to these winning big money type questions usually revolve around security and fulfillment. Yet in real life, if stats can be believed, most people live a couple paychecks from the house of cards caving in.

The stats can be believed, I had drinks the other night with a banker friend that writes mortgage applications, some of the ratios of debt to income are astounding. There are some people that are VERY comfortable with debt. 250k would actually change the lives of a lot of people, it would buy a home in many communities, start a business or eliminate a GTA mortgage. Or buy an R8 and three yrs insurance and fines.

$70k to pay off house, $15k to pay off 2015 Forester the remainder would be put into a townhouse or something like that to rent out.

Back
Top Bottom