what would you do with a BIG money win? | GTAMotorcycle.com

what would you do with a BIG money win?

meester_jamie

Site Supporter
I have thought about this for a while,,, I was watching Amazing Race Canada.. Mickey and Pete won $500k,, so they had $250K to spend...

I hear a radio ad where the person is asked what would you do... and somebody says.. I'd start a business for sure!!

ok... my self.... no way I'd come into a few hundred thousand ,, and start a business... just so I could say.... oh, sorry, no time now to hit the beach... big weekend stocking up on product to sell next week... I have to do inventory this week... oh,, sorry,, doing my books........

I think it was Pete who was going to invest it in his business.. ok.. that is his life.. and he is having fun doing his business... rafting I think..

I can't make up my mind if I should be prepared for the big win now.. or wait till / if it happens to find a financial adviser...

I always wanted to do the Baja 1000... maybe I'd spend some money with www.[B]wideopenbaja[/B].com/Cabo

But somehow I think I should invest it.. and spend the interest...

anyone had this problem before.. what would you do with a win like $250k
I think I would have no problem if I won over a million...
New house with a nice kitchen for the wife.. and a large garage.. just north of Fergus On.. a few hundred acres.. pond, stream... off road four runner,, then have a few bikes..

ok,, my point was how to invest $250K ish so you can have fun with it a bit longer than just spending it....

Pay off all my debts (student loans and such), buy a couple street bikes for me and Mr., maybe even some track bikes from this decade :p Put a down payment (50kish) on a house with a large garage and invest the rest in a high interest savings account and continue to live life as usual, just not in a basement apartment bundled in a bunch of blankets like I am now. Brrrrr.....

$250,000 wouldn't change my life a lot. I'd work less if that was possible. Ask me about 10million.

$250,000 wouldn't change my life a lot. I'd work less if that was possible. Ask me about 10million.

Yeah really. $250k? That doesn't even pay off my mortgage. A mil maybe means I go back to school or something

Pay off all debts - sell the house and add the equity to the winnings - buy 100+ acres and get the hell out of here. Then buy rentable properties in parts of the world I'd like to visit with any regularity.

edit - sorry - saw big money then later saw $250k - disregard.

$250k would basically mean I'm mortgage free. So I'd go part time. Not bad since I'm under 30

Invest...

I'm boring

Sent from my tablet using my paws

$250k doesn't go as far as it used to anymore unfortunately...however it's still a good chunk of cash that can change a life!

I'd pay off some debts (i.e.: car) and then put a big deposit on the mortgage so the payments are lower, but other than that it wouldn't change much of my lifestyle.

Retire. (almost there)

boring stuff: pay the difference in my mortgage. pay off the car.
fun stuff: take a trip somewhere. buy another moto.
boring stuff again: put the rest into my portfolio.

Reinvest in more businesses and increase income. I wouldn't even be able to pay off 25% of my debt with $250k.

I'd buy a new sailboat to race and campaign it till the money was gone. Unless my wife knew about the money, then I'd do whatever she wanted because she'd turn that 250 into 300 . I usually reverse the process......

I don't have much debt but I'd pay off what's outstanding, get a new car for my wife and a second bike for me and sock away the rest. I've been to most of the places I want to see, had the big fancy house for many years, so not much I'd want to blow it on.

200k pays off my mortgage which frees up $1400 (i pay extra every 2 weeks). Finish couple of small renos and sell the house while shopping for a bigger place with a nice garage. That brings the mortgage payment back in but at a smaller amount.

50k goes towards fun. Trips with fiancee, car lift, nicer mill, lather, welder etc.

it would basically pay off the debt which means more $$ in my pocket.

While I wouldn't turn $250K down it isn't what it used to be. I want more time to use the stuff I've already got.

Now it we were talking 250 million I could become really nasty. I have a sick sense of humour.

Invest it in something that get some decent interest and go on living pretty much the same. While it is a lot of money, it is not life changing money that I could just stop work and live off of it for the rest of my life.

Back
Top Bottom