Where do you guys buy your mattress/beds? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where do you guys buy your mattress/beds?

Mattress manufacturers used to create different model names for each store to prevent price-matching identical products, has this practice changed?

FWIW, last mattress I bought was a kingsdown queen at sleep country for <$600.

Yes and no. They still have different model names, but I believe Sleep Country will now price match comparable mattresses.
Also, check out Costco and Costco.ca. When the rebates are on, the prices are great.

Yes and no. They still have different model names, but I believe Sleep Country will now price match comparable mattresses.
Also, check out Costco and Costco.ca. When the rebates are on, the prices are great.

Costco is great for return policy but in terms of stock, once it's gone, it's gone and on to the next.

Most stores offer a sleep guarantee that allows you to exchange and there is always conditions.

There is some value to having a sales associate that knows the products they sell. I can assure you they do get tested and mystery shopped to ensure they are knowledgable.

When it comes to beds, I wouldn't buy on price point alone. A good night's rest is priceless.

Price matching does have its limits and conditions. The key one is having comparable stock available.

All the "S" brands are comparable and have the intro, mid level and premium offerings.

My personal sleep sets have been Kingdown and very pleased with the comfort and quality.

Beds are like motorcycles seats. One that seems like crap to one, feels great to another.

Lastly, small independents don't get the same selection of offering the big box stores get and the big boys do get better cost pricing as volume determines cost.

Oh, and Sleep Factory makes their own products in Canada as well but they are franchised and find satisfaction is dependant on the ownership of the location. Never purchased from them personally.

If anyone needs a recommendation, I will refer you via pm.

Nakkers, all very good points and I agree. I haven't bought one from Costco yet, but plan to. We paid a bundle for a firm mattress, and after a few years, it's not as good. I know that I could return it for a pro rated refund, but being a fat guy.... Anyway, was just giving the buy-it-cheaper-replace-more-often option. I may try that route for my next one. And/ or lose some pounds.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I vote lose #'s. No personal stake, just like voting is all.

(416) 747-0968 call this number. There is mattress factory and store. U can choose and order any mattress. I got mine for $400.00 , delivery include.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses and the derailment lol

I'm going towards Ikea tbh cause I need a damn frame as well. And I think the proper term now is "full".

And yes, we own motorcycles and talk about mattresses because half of us have SS bikes. I can't sleep on an SS bike!

油井緋色;2238222 said:

I'm going towards Ikea tbh cause I need a damn frame as well. And I think the proper term now is "full".

And yes, we own motorcycles and talk about mattresses because half of us have SS bikes. I can't sleep on an SS bike!

Get a metal bed frame and a half decent head board. After the first few sleeps you won't care what your bed looks like, but that mattress better be comfy.

Mattresses are the few things you can haggle and get a decent price on.

油井緋色;2238222 said:

I got my kids beds and mattresses from Ike's and they are decent quality for the price. I've slept on the beds on occasion myself. No complaints. Other than having to assemble bed frame when I got home. The boys has a captain bed with drawers. What a pita. Lol.

Good luck.

Sounds gross but I bought mine at a place in oakville that sells used hotel furniture. Its massive, comfy, and was cheap. And no it doesn't smell. .
Hard to find sheets that fit properly cause it's so thick, I need to steal some from a Sheraton lol

Sounds gross but I bought mine at a place in oakville that sells used hotel furniture. Its massive, comfy, and was cheap. And no it doesn't smell. .
Hard to find sheets that fit properly cause it's so thick, I need to steal some from a Sheraton lol

You can buy it direct from hotels: http://canada.westinstore.com/

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

The only place to buy a mattess is from Mattress Mick at Coolock. They ship anywhere.

I'll save you the Google search: http://mattressmick.ie/

Turn on your speakers pls.

[video=youtube;XhVV-E0k57c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhVV-E0k57c[/video]

Back
Top Bottom