Where do you guys buy your mattress/beds? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where do you guys buy your mattress/beds?

油井緋色

Site Supporter
Looking to upgrade from a twin to a double but I'm not sure where to start. Budget is around $1000~. I don't have the frame obviously either.

...........I'd also prefer it not be too squeaky or collapse under heavy stress <___<

Your probably looking for serious answers but I buy at IKEA. Cheapness of buy-in allows higher rotation. Who wants to sleep on an old mattress no matter how expensive?

Your probably looking for serious answers but I buy at IKEA. Cheapness of buy-in allows higher rotation. Who wants to sleep on an old mattress no matter how expensive?

Same here. I prefer my old cheapo ikea mattress to the euro style pillow top simmons that my wife bought.

The Ikea bed is still kicking, albeit with some repairs / hardware upgrades. Heres a tip if you buy an ikea bed; no more than 2 women at a time. The rest are just going to have to wait their turn.

Same here. I prefer my old cheapo ikea mattress to the euro style pillow top simmons that my wife bought.

The Ikea bed is still kicking, albeit with some repairs / hardware upgrades. Heres a tip if you buy an ikea bed; no more than 2 women at a time. The rest are just going to have to wait their turn.

I believe there is a weight based calculation for the number of women on an IKEA bed per turn. For high numbers. Try Asians.

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

mattresses are always on sale somewhere for 50 to 70% off. I don't think there's anything such as a double anymore,, that's an old term.. A twin is a single bed for some strange reason.. a double is now a queen. The last mattress and box spring I bought was in 2010 at Sleep Country, a Sealy pillow top regularly about $1800 I got for $899 incl box spring, frame, delivery and taking away the old one.. I had been looking at Sears who had a sale on at the time and popped into Sleep Country with the Sears flyer afterwards to see if they'd price match and they did. I wouldn't get another pillow top.. This one is a Sealy and it developed a huge divet where I sleep after about 2 years. .and it was a firm mattress to begin with..

Whoa whoa whoa, just the mattress and the rollout wooden thingy underneath for me, not the whole bed structure proper. I bought two IKEA standup wardrobes because one student rental room had no closets. Total garbage. I sure hope the beds are better! I would never again buy any IKEA "furniture".

I believe there is a weight based calculation for the number of women on an IKEA bed per turn. For high numbers. Try Asians.

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

The trouble with asian's is that im always horny again 30 mins later.

No thanks, I'll stick with asian women. Those flights to Singapore really cut into the family budget.

Well played. I thought I had you cornered.:cool:

I bought our last Queen sized bed from Sleep Country. Wherever you go don't be afraid to haggle a little. A $3000 bed at Sleep Country should be out the door to you for just over $2000 tax in with delivery and pickup of your old bed. I used to be in the industry and there is a lot of margin to work with.

I don't know what this thread is about but I heard someone say asian chicks :3some:

I don't know what this thread is about but I heard someone say asian chicks :3some:
Emotionally unstable women
Dependent on their SO's
Clingy

... the list goes on & on

Emotionally unstable women
Dependent on their SO's
Clingy

... the list goes on & on

Sounds like my brand. Directions on how to get to this place needed....

Sounds like my brand. Directions on how to get to this place needed....
Pacific Mall
Times Square

I don't feel the need to give specific directions

A twin mattress is 6 inches shorter than a queen so depending on your height, I would recommend a Queen.

Second, determine if you prefer a plush or firm. You can get some mattresses that are both. One side plush, the other firm if you aren't sure.

Kingsdown is made in Toronto.

Most mattresses have a single pillow top now and only need rotated, not flipped.

Get a pocket coil and I would avoid the memory form. They aren't bad for sleeping. Just not good for other activities.

Shouldn't have a problem finding something under a grand taxes in.

Sleep country does price match but, accessories get spendy.

You can get the same deal or better at the majors. Leons or The Brick etc.

Most places also have price guarantee if the price drops in 90 days, the credit the difference.

Mattress manufacturers used to create different model names for each store to prevent price-matching identical products, has this practice changed?

FWIW, last mattress I bought was a kingsdown queen at sleep country for <$600.

Princess's Man suggests avoiding buying from the big, well-known stores. You'll pay for it with higher prices.

Princess's Man suggests going to Simply Elegant (Eglinton Square Mall). Princess's Man got his Sealy posturpedic queen with memory foam for $499. Bought it 5 years ago, and no complaints. Was happy with them, so got 2 other mattresses for family.

Good luck!

Oh, and, in terms of bed frames, Princess's Man suggests going to West Elm. They're an upgrade from Ikea with better designs, but not expensive.

Last edited:
Princess's Man suggests avoiding buying from the big, well-known stores. You'll pay for it with higher prices.

Princess's Man suggests going to Simply Elegant (Eglinton Square Mall). Princess's Man got his Sealy posturpedic queen with memory foam for $499. Bought it 5 years ago, and no complaints. Was happy with them, so got 2 other mattresses for family.

Good luck!

Oh, and, in terms of bed frames, Princess's Man suggests going to West Elm. They're an upgrade from Ikea with better designs, but not expensive.
Who's this Princess's man you speak of?

Back
Top Bottom