First bike/dual sport questions | GTAMotorcycle.com

First bike/dual sport questions

rotebrink

Was originally planning to pick up an old CB or the like for my first one. Mentioned this in the Introduce yourself section but not sure if you remember. Anyway, now I'm looking at getting a dual sport instead so I can ride offroad through the winter when the weather's not too bad and I have something to ride on the road come spring. Been looking at four different models mainly: the XL250, XL350, DR350, and KLR250. All those seem to go for about $1500, give or take a few hundred, based on what I've seen on Kijiji. Anyone got any input? Common problems with those bikes? Limitations? Appreciate your help and hope you're all enjoying your weekend.

Carl

Great approach - you'll be a better street rider for it.
Can't comment on the specific models but depending on your size and weight the higher cc grunts might be a bit better.....but check insurance ranges first.
Have fun and I assume you live in an area where there IS off road riding??
Not much within an hour of the GTA :(

I just met somebody who might have some private property I can ride on. He's got an old 175 enduro bike. There's a couple of trails not too far from here (St. Catharines, Niagara) as well.

I just met somebody who might have some private property I can ride on. He's got an old 175 enduro bike. There's a couple of trails not too far from here (St. Catharines, Niagara) as well.

im usually riding in welland or the niagara on the lake/virgil area

Back
Top Bottom