New Rider, finally picked up my Ninja 250R | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Rider, finally picked up my Ninja 250R

sleepityme

Hi all,

Just picked up my 2010 Ninja 250R in the Metallic Island Blue. Just under 28,000km.
Currently on 2 years with my M2 now, and I've recently retaken a training course with RTI downtown.
Got it for a steal on Kijiji for $2000. Got a test drive, everything was sweet...

It didn't have any issues when I was inspecting it...
But after hauling it home (used a pickup from ZIPCAR to help me) and stopping by Rosey Toes for a 'quick certification', I noticed that there was oil leaking from the fairing and the kickstand. Wondered if I damaged something during the transport?
I used two ratchet ties (4 with 1500lb capacity, on sale at Canadian tire for $30!) on the triple clamp and one on the rear wheel. Loaded it into the truck with a wooden ramp (I don't know if it bottomed out, or if that would make any cause for a leak) and set the kickstand down.
Went from far West Mississauga to Scarborough.

Can anyone help advise me where to look for a solution or if I should be worried?

Also, didn't really read up on the model of bike before, but is it suppose to have some open valves/pipes at the bottom of the bike?
I saw two of them. One long one like it was an overflow sort of thing, and another one closer up and into the transmission portion of the bike.
(Will take pictures in the morning.)
EDIT: Did a bit of google researching, seems like they're gas tank and coolant overflow hoses, might be because of the quick turns I was making with the truck. But still want to know if that's a cause for concern?

Also, excited to join the community!
Wondering if there are some Scarborough or Downtown Toronto and in between rider meet ups?
I'm usually around Bathurst/St Clair to Danforth/VicPark to around Scarborough Town Centre.

Last edited:
Check your oil level , check the drain plug to make sure its tight , run your fingers on the shiny part of your forks to feel for oil maybe you tightened it down too much. Clean all the oil off your bike ,check the level then see if it leaks again. If there are no leaks then run the bike for couple minutes then check for leaks agsin .
Congrats on the bike!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
welcome

Welcome!

I just picked up a 08 250R and mine has oil on the lower fairings as well. I've pulled the fairings off as my was dropped a couple times by the last owner, so I'm replacing parts.

Mine does not look to be loosing oil (or missing it), so my guess it's just from over oiling the chain. It's been in my garage for a month now and there is no oil under it.

Back
Top Bottom