1996 Suzuki Sidekick with 1.6L VW Turbo Diesel w/ veg oil kit - Make an offer. | GTAMotorcycle.com

1996 Suzuki Sidekick with 1.6L VW Turbo Diesel w/ veg oil kit - Make an offer.

unL33T

I've got a 1996 Suzuki Sidekick with a 1.6L VW Turbo Diesel in it that I bought recently but now need to get rid of as it's in worse shape than I thought.

The good:
Was able to drive it from Picton to Toronto, commute to/from Mississauga a few times, and drive it to my old mechanic in Guelph area without too much drama.
Lights, wipers, radio all work great.
Has some kind of veg oil kit.

The bad:
Body is severely rusted. More than one mechanic told me I'd be better off swapping out the body than trying to repair it. The most obvious issues are that there are holes into the body behind both rear wheels and the rear body mounts are both rotted off the body (still exist on the frame).
Thought the frame was ok but my regular mechanic told me there's a few rough spots there that need some touching up.
Needs both front wheel bearings; a tie rod end; brake work; all new tires; u-joints.
Previous owner that did the conversion may have solid mounted the engine (lots of vibration).
Leaking oil.

I just paid $2000 for this thing about a month ago thinking it wouldn't be too much trouble to get on the road but I was wrong. Make an offer. I need it gone. I know I'm not going to be getting my money back. I can probably deliver it to pretty much anywhere in Southern Ontario since it drives ok.

I think it'd be a good project for someone that can weld and has time and space to work on it. Or a farm/offroad-only vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom