Android TV | GTAMotorcycle.com

Android TV

Paul1000RR

Banned
Site Supporter
Who uses it and which add ons you find work the best?

Also what hardware you guys using?

Using Gotham.

The new PVR live tv updates are apparently really good. It opens up 300+ channels of live tv now.
I personally only use GOtv or Gomovies and some stuff from Mashup.

Using Gotham.

The new PVR live tv updates are apparently really good. It opens up 300+ channels of live tv now.
I personally only use GOtv or Gomovies and some stuff from Mashup.

You run it off your laptop or have a box?

Ive downloaded so many addons i don't think i can go through it all any time soon lol
Now im looking at a box for my tv, thinking amlogic mx3 from my brief google search but dont know a whole lot about it

You run it off your laptop or have a box?

Ive downloaded so many addons i don't think i can go through it all any time soon lol
Now im looking at a box for my tv, thinking amlogic mx3 from my brief google search but dont know a whole lot about it

Nope, have a box. Inbox media streamer.

A few of us from here have the same one. I still havent spent a lot of time with it, except watching movies and tv shows on it.
I know there is ALOT of upgrades that have come out for it recently. ZX can chime in here and JayV ..

Nope, have a box. Inbox media streamer.

A few of us from here have the same one. I still havent spent a lot of time with it, except watching movies and tv shows on it.
I know there is ALOT of upgrades that have come out for it recently. ZX can chime in here and JayV ..

Looks like a copy of m8/mc3

anyways gotv/genesis is a good one, seems to have all the latests shows :cheers:

Who uses it and which add ons you find work the best?

Also what hardware you guys using?
I use Gotv, Gomovies, no need to use anything else for movies and tv. I also added live TV as inferno mentioned which gives me tons of euro channels including BEIN for all sports, also get all american channels and tons and tons of other channels like discovery etc. For people that have issues adapting and need a tv guide, you can also install one and select live tv from the guide just like rogers or bell but with a hell of a lot better channels.

I use the android box with XBMC Gotham 13.2, got it installed by a local company called INL3D

Basically comes with everything you need, I know we can install the add-ons ourselves but i didn't want to bother

Last edited:
Some alternatives

Genesis (Has movies and tv shows all in one
[video=youtube;0xxg2yqAWr0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xxg2yqAWr0[/video]

GOTV and GOMOVIES (basically the developer combined these two into one (Genesis above) but i like how when you find any show you like, click 'C' and subscribe to it, then go to "new' and you will find all your latest episodes to all the subscribed shows.

[video=youtube;RB3TADhqtzM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB3TADhqtzM[/video]

And here is SportsDevil for all.... sports :)

[video=youtube;_Lr-RaOdRuQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lr-RaOdRuQ[/video]

And finally SuperRepo where you can find everything else

[video=youtube;2Gt7HCKZKYU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gt7HCKZKYU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I tried using XBMC on a dedicated laptop for a few months, used mashup, go tv, go movies, and a few others and decided to go back to torrents.

So many times I would search for a show only to have all the links broken. Other times the link would work, but it would be constantly buffering. I increased my XBMC buffer to the max size, and I have 25mbps download, but it still buffered more often than not.

I find it much easier to just find the torrent at one of the popular sites, wait 2 minutes for it to download completely, and watch it on the tv through the laptop connected to that tv. No more buffering, no more broken links.

The trick is not to increase your buffer but to put it to 0 so it does not cache at all, no buffering problems once you do that.

I can't stand having to wait to download a movie, our download times in canada suck, it would take me at least an hr to download a movie, with XBMC I click on the link and it starts working immediately. I hardly get any broken links (like less than 5%), I think you had other problems related to your cache.

I tried using XBMC on a dedicated laptop for a few months, used mashup, go tv, go movies, and a few others and decided to go back to torrents.

So many times I would search for a show only to have all the links broken. Other times the link would work, but it would be constantly buffering. I increased my XBMC buffer to the max size, and I have 25mbps download, but it still buffered more often than not.

I find it much easier to just find the torrent at one of the popular sites, wait 2 minutes for it to download completely, and watch it on the tv through the laptop connected to that tv. No more buffering, no more broken links.

Last edited:
The trick is not to increase your buffer but to put it to 0 so it does not cache at all, no buffering problems once you do that.

I can't stand having to wait to download a movie, our download times in canada suck, it would take me at least an hr to download a movie, with XBMC I click on the link and it starts working immediately. I hardly get any broken links (like less than 5%), I think you had other problems related to your cache.

Where do i change buffer to zero? Right now i just clear the cache every once in a while or when it starts to buffer

xbmctorrent

For those of you looking for something with more horsepower than one of these Android TV's, you may want to look at something like a Chromebox (~$200) running XBMC. Way more powerful and you can do more with it.

Back
Top Bottom