Riding from LA to Ontario (leaving today) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding from LA to Ontario (leaving today)

k193

Starting this thread as a placeholder for updates and pics!

I've always wanted to do this ride, finally getting the opportunity/time.

Updates to come tonight with whereever I end up stopping.

Have fun !

Stopped in Kingman, AZ for the night. Going to find some beer and maybe a steak, and check out the local talent.

Edit: why do pictures turn huge when I link them with IMG? lol, the board should do some re-sizing automatically

http://i.imgur.com/jQZ9XEE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kYwK5lE.jpg

I am going to take 40 most of the distance east to (hopefully) avoid colder/wetter weather, and then head north through IL.

Last edited:
That works. I would have used Interstate 10 to 20. Slightly longer but farther south. How's the weather in Kingman?

That works. I would have used Interstate 10 to 20. Slightly longer but farther south. How's the weather in Kingman?

pretty much ideal...there was a monsoon here recently and the entire desert is green and beautiful.

Temps are ideal during the day with a perforated jacket and touring pants, and at night chilly but bearable in just a t-shirt...if it was like this all year round here I'd buy up some property and never leave.

Temps are ideal during the day with a perforated jacket and touring pants, and at night chilly but bearable in just a t-shirt...if it was like this all year round here I'd buy up some property and never leave.

That's pretty much California. The problem with AZ is the summers will melt your nuts to the saddle.

Kingman should be tolerable in the summer as the elevation is high; over 3000 feet above sea level.

Yeah I've been to PHX a number of times in summer...outside is an oven.

Made it to Santa Rosa, NM, nothing to really take a pic of as its dark outside but tomorrow I'll upload some I took today.

It's not really too hot anywhere, even when I left LA the Mohave was like 80F, max. I had to stop and layer up going up toward Flagstaff, cold biting winds as you go over the mountains

I've did that trip years ago. You will go insane the last day of the trip. The deliverance theme will make sense at that time. Boring, flat, horrendous.

If you've got the budget for it, I HIGHLY recommend you buy some heated gear. Jacket an gloves. Pants optional. You'll be into freezing temps very quickly as you come north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah its freezing up here...crossed into IL tonight.

I'm wearing a hooded flannel over a wind breaker over my leather jacket...haha

my ape doesn't have much wind protection, so that doesn't help...damn bastards on HDs and BMWs, in non-helmet law states I'm chattering my teeth layered up and I see someone in a t-shirt with a bandana on...must be nice.

I've done TO to LA via VAN, but at this time of the year I wouldn't be going from LA to TO....

Good luck though....stay warm.

I've done TO to LA via VAN, but at this time of the year I wouldn't be going from LA to TO....

Good luck though....stay warm.

It's a one way trip for the bike...leaving it here so I have something nice to ride whenever I visit, I'll be flying back.

Back
Top Bottom