Riding from LA to Ontario (leaving today) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding from LA to Ontario (leaving today)

Excellent plan. Do you have family in Ontario?

indeed!

So the trip is basically finished; two major observations:

- The farther east you go, the ******** drivers get (both ruder and less competent)
- It's f***ing cold up here right now lol

My stops and route:

https://goo.gl/maps/IB5rp

Some really really hilarious incidents with cagers trying to speed up and trying to block me from passing them in some of the more eastern states...my ape is essentially the WSBK bike from its time with upright handlebars, good luck with that

Last edited:
I'm so jealous of you right now. I'm planning on going to the west coast as well when I get older and have a better bike. Check out ADVrider, its a forum for adventure junkies who travel on their bikes. One thing I learn from traveling with a bike is to take lots of picture.
Hope to see a lot of pictures and share it with us hehe!

My route to California is further south thru Texas as I have a really good friend that lives in San Diego. If you ever do this ride again (even though you live in Los Angeles) the southern alternative is so much warmer at this time of the year.

My route to California is further south thru Texas as I have a really good friend that lives in San Diego. If you ever do this ride again (even though you live in Los Angeles) the southern alternative is so much warmer at this time of the year.

true story, but it's also way more boring :)

I've done the trip 3 times in cars before, and the southern way is zzzzz

Impossibly hot in summer (you need a water cooled vest to survive) but manageable during the day in winter. I once spoke to a rider who said Texas was the longest most boring ride of his life. He thought he'd never get to the state-line. Its the largest state in the Continental US (lower 48 ) and 50% larger than the next biggest state, California.

It's a nice day in KW, took the bag off and went for a ride

Zdeno actually has reasonable prices for simple consumable stuff (chain maintenance, oil) - I was surprised...used to getting ripped off whenever I come back to Ontario.

http://i.imgur.com/AecsNtg.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoy the weather back in California. Haven't been back for a few years. Only pass thru L.A., don't like the traffic.

What was you total mileage and how much time did it take.

thanks

2400 spread out over 5 days, and then did some visiting in Michigan before making my way up to KW.

I did some half days - there were two days where I did almost 600 miles per day, the other days less than that.

Back
Top Bottom