Yamaha R3 is here! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha R3 is here!

There is no reason why the RC390 should cost more than an R3, and lots of reasons why it should cost much less, starting with the fact that it's a single made by Bajal in India.

This guy thinks $5299.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2013/07/ktm-announces-rc390-sportbike-coming-to-america/

motorcycle-usa said:
As expected the RC will cost more than its 300cc Japanese rivals, and KTM sources can only hint at a mid-$6000 price range.

Headlight looking better in different pictures:
15_KTM_RC390_12.jpg

15_KTM_RC390_10.jpg

15_KTM_RC390_27.jpg

Yamaha, WTF...why are they using the same blue color as Suzuki? They really should have this R3 in the traditional Yammie racing colors of awesomeness..

yamaha-launches-yzr-m1-wgp-50th-anniversary-edition-video_5.jpg

2006-Yamaha-YZF-R1-50tha.jpg

Yamaha, factory color is dark blue...

..now, tell me where can I get the bike in your pic?

Yellow isn't a desirable colour compared to blue. And seeing as this is aimed at first time buyers I doubt they will know what the "genuine racing colours" are anyway.

Noobs always get a bad rap. Boobs not so much.

Yamaha, factory color is dark blue...
[x/QUOTE]
That's only because Movistar sponsors them. The real racing colors are yellow and black bricks, I. E. Kenny Roberts.

n475696_221182_kennyrobertssrontrackforyamahainhistimeasarider-1280x960-may15-_original-original.jpg

Actually yellow and black is the team colours of Kenny Roberts. When the factory Yamaha team was run by Kenny (1989?) they went with Kenny's colours.
When the factory fielded a team the colours were red and white.
When Ago had the factory team the colours were red and white (Marlboro).

There was once a system of colours that would identify the country of origin. Japan was white with a red sun. (in this system white is the same as silver... that's why Hondas were silver).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_auto_racing_colors

The yellow bikes were in the 70s before they pimped out to Malboro. They had no major sponsor at that time.
When Roberts took over factory Yamaha, he used Malboro colors with Lawson and Rainey.

Yamaha switched from Red/White to Yellow/Black in the 70s, but when they made the commemorative bikes a few years ago, they used the yellow/black and red/white.

Yamaha sold RD350s with those colors.

Yamaha%20RD350LC%2084.jpg

yamaha-rd-350-yamaha-rd-350-1988-dt200r-1996-ano-1988-000-km-no-mercadolivre-10621-900x505.jpg

Back
Top Bottom