Fuel Managment systems | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fuel Managment systems

aazar

Hey everyone, im new to this community. I just have a few questions about fuel management systems. Im a noob about modifications but I just installed a new exhaust slip on since I wanted my bike to sound mean. So my question is that what are fuel management systems and I heard its a good idea to get one after changing my exhaust? What difference will it make? Hope someone can help me out. Thanks

It is a device to change the operation of the fuel injection in some way, so that the air/fuel ratio can be changed. A common one is a PowerCommander.

Your noisy slip-on muffler makes so little difference to how the engine runs, that ordinarily there is no need for doing anything about it.

Furthermore, just because you have an apparatus to allow the fuel delivery to be changed, doesn't mean you have the experience, measurement tools, and knowledge necessary to use it properly. A lot of people simply download a pre-made map that claims to be set up for the same model bike with the same modifications - and in reality are no better off and sometimes worse off than if they had done nothing.

See how the bike runs. If there are no driveability glitches, and fuel consumption is in the ballpark of where it should be, there is not much wrong with leaving well enough alone.

Back
Top Bottom