Best KTM dealer in the GTA? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best KTM dealer in the GTA?

corpse

Site Supporter
Mainly Im comparing Ready(honda) in miss against GP bikes in the shwa. I use to know a few guys at ready but they have all moved on, Im looking to buy a new bike off the showroom floor and just want some reviews on their customer service in general.

Also, should I buy a bike now or at the Jan show?

Mainly Im comparing Ready(honda) in miss against GP bikes in the shwa. I use to know a few guys at ready but they have all moved on, Im looking to buy a new bike off the showroom floor and just want some reviews on their customer service in general.

Also, should I buy a bike now or at the Jan show?

What bike are you looking for? Do they have it in stock?

I haven't dealt with ready but GP has been good to me. I've bought every piece of gear I currently own from them and also my 2012 990 SMT.

They offered a fair value for a trade it (Harley) and the bike was ready when promised. The price was excellent too.

Service department seems good, but they are really busy so you need to book appointments well in advance.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them based on my experience.

Not a single dealer in ontario has a 690 Enduro R in stock, I'll be buying a new model most likely at the Jan bike show at this point. I generally do my own service, or drop it at pro 6 when Im feeling lazy and my wallet starts to get heavy... Just dont know If I have to take it back to the dealer I bought it from for service till the warranty expires.

In that case it sounds like price is high on your list so GP Bikes likely cant be beat. When I bought my SMT they gave me a great deal AND they didn't try to make me feel like they were doing me a favor. It was a pleasant and efficient transaction.

Since the 690 enduro is a popular model you might find that there isn't much motivation for the dealer to discount it a lot, but I still expect you'll get the best price from GP.

It's a very rare occasion that I walk into gp and they have a part I need in Stock. Stuff like Brake pads, throttle cables, etc... Usually a 3+ day wait for part orders. Why would I waste 2 trips into gp to get a part when I can order it myself and have it on my doorstep in that amount of time?

Was in the market for a Ktm 500exc a couple years ago. They wouldn't move off msrp. Said it was because they don't charge freight/pdi on their units.

One call to Orange Motorsports in Cobourg and they beat gp's price by $1000. I never mentioned calling gp either.

I drive to Cobourg for most of my stuff now. They'll either have it in Stock or get it within 24 hours.

I've spent thousands in parts and gear at gp over the last few years. Orange gets most of my business now and I drive the 401 through Whitby daily.

What about time to buy? Since I missed out on year end deals, all the dealers asked if I wanted to order a 2015 or to all me back when they have one on the floor. Should I buy one now(throw a deposit on one) or at the Jan show or wait till I want to ride(in my head the worst time to buy).

I live in Port Hope. Orange is off road focussed so they have a good stock of parts. Their service department is excellent too. For street bike stuff they're in the same "3 day wait" boat as GP.
I'll go there for parts for my 530 exc because as you say they have it in stock.

My experience with GP is they wont move off MSRP on KTM's and I refuse to pay MSRP for anything. When I asked why they said because they have no trouble selling them. Go to Orange or HB Cycle. Both are easy to deal with and will give you a proper discount . I have purchased many new KTM's from them with no issues and friendly service.

Try apex in Cambridge they have been good to me and have a decent service dept.

sent from a device using a program

So should I just call up every dealer again in a month and ask for their price and buy one over the phone or just go buy one at the Jan show?

Mission Cycle in Angus / Barrie without going in Muskoka region lol. I don't understand how they all get away with dealer markup so easily. Guess there's just too many used bikes out in the bush to try that markup ****?

Back
Top Bottom