Payroll Software...?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Payroll Software...??

LoneRonin

I work with my parents in our family business and am a legit on paper employee however I'm the only one paid hourly because I'm still in school and my hours fluctuate and are all over the place. I record my own hours and then send an email out to our accountant who does whatever he does and e-mails me back with the amount minus whatever deductions apply.

The problem is he's lazy as ****. Whenever its pay week I usually have the e-mail sent by Wednesday at the latest (usually Monday though) expecting a response by Friday. He's rarely on time, I was supposed to get paid last Friday but still haven't gotten anything, it pisses me off because I've got bills to pay and I like to have my fun, I'm too old to be going around asking my parents for pocket money. What I've worked for is different but I'm not just gonna ask my dad for 50 bucks because I feel like having some wings and getting drunk...

I'm guessing all the accountant has is some software that he punches some numbers into which I can probably do myself. Has anyone had any experience with anything of the sort?

If your accountant let you do some of his work yourself, he should probably not be your accountant anymore

Payroll is very easy. PM I will get you hooked up. Lots of options. I do my payroll too. It's easy.

If you need a proper accountant let me know. I know some reliable ones.

Wow wow... you telling me you can buy wings and get drunk off 50 bucks? Wonder if my accountant can show me how I can do the same lol on a serious note, as I was told before I started a buisness, don't cheap out on an accountant. And how true it is. I suppose the phrase "you get what you pay for " plays into this.
Now ask you new accountant to slide some more money your way so you can buy my bike lol

I am an accountant. Do not pay an accountant to do your payroll. If you just need a net amount so you can get a cheque the CRA tool mentioned above is adequate.

Does this person do the regular payroll for the rest of the staff? Depending on size you may well find ADP or Ceridian cheaper and more reliable. Why do you not get paid on the same cycle as everyone else? Too much unknown in this situation but bottom line: do not pay accountants for low level bookkeeping tasks. It's like paying a mechanic to fill your gas tank.

One other thought on cash flow: it's your employer's responsibility to pay you on time, not their accountant's. So come pay day it is perfectly reasonable to expect your pay. You're not borrowing from Pa, you're getting compensated for your work. If they don't have a final sum they should estimate and adjust in the next pay period. (Did you actually go to your parents first about this?)

Back
Top Bottom