Trail Tours? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trail Tours?

inreb

Site Supporter
They show full day as 9-3. 5.5 hrs of dirt riding is plenty. Do you get close to that or is it a bunch of hurry up and wait? :p I want to do a dirt bike project and need a good testing of the CRF100 as that is the donor motor I'm hoping to use.

You get a couple of (very much) needed breaks, including lunch. But it's still quite a full day.

You get a couple of (very much) needed breaks, including lunch. But it's still quite a full day.

I can appreciate how tiring it can be, especially with neophytes. My concern is starting orientation, equipment assigning and lollygagging beginning at 9 and using every trick in the book to not ride. Like the FAST course I took in 1989. 20 laps for all day. I'm sure that's not the case anymore.

I can appreciate how tiring it can be, especially with neophytes. My concern is starting orientation, equipment assigning and lollygagging beginning at 9 and using every trick in the book to not ride. Like the FAST course I took in 1989. 20 laps for all day. I'm sure that's not the case anymore.
I have taken my family to trail tours 3 times for rider training. I assure you they dont f%^$# around.Your orientation( and waver signing) will be very short if you know what your doing, equipment is given out when you get there not starting at 9. the pace through the forest depends on you. the guides are pro riders not beginners and they will go as quick as you can safely. I highly recommend them.

^^ ok, that sounds good. The pace is not the problem. I will be riding slow, like double mountain bike speed quasi trials like.

I have taken my family to trail tours 3 times for rider training. I assure you they dont f%^$# around.Your orientation( and waver signing) will be very short if you know what your doing, equipment is given out when you get there not starting at 9. the pace through the forest depends on you. the guides are pro riders not beginners and they will go as quick as you can safely. I highly recommend them.

Not entirely true. The guide rider in my group couldn't keep ahead of me. He wiped out pretty hard trying. It must have been an off day. :)

Went this season. You get more than enough time. Really depends on the group you are in though. In the experienced group we had a quick pace. Everybody crashed multiple times. So it was challenging enough. Everybody was tired at the end of the day. I don't think anybody would have complained that they didn't get enough time. We hardly had any breaks other than lunch. Just a quick stop so everybody can chime in on whether they need a break or not. I would totally go back again.

Went there, first experience in dirt for me, first experience on a bike for my buddy. In my group we still did the orientation track and then the "ultimate group test" track (the single track). I was the only one in my group that crashed twice in the forest.

I will be doing it again and hopefully no orientation this time. Went for an "evening" from 3-6. We ended up getting back around 715 cause one guy had a flat so the instructor had to ride that bike on the way back which slowed the pace...still quite enjoyable though to have that extra time.

This ^^^ This is my 5th year and we keep going back. Had a group of 6 this year, 4 experienced & 2 rookies. The rookies had more training around the open field track they have set up, but were out in the forest by mid morning. They're first training was on the bikes, not standing & talking. The experienced group headed straight for a few laps in the adjacent forest trail, then off to the big forest. We just kept pounding it all day, except for the needed lunch break. I highly recommend them.

Does anyone know how much they charge if you bring your own bike? I want to go with some friends, but I have my own bike so I would love to know the price for me.

hey , my wife wiped out once to....does that count ? LOL

What package did you and your wife do? Dual Sport Clinic?
I have a decent amount of dirt experience, but my wife has little to none. I would like to do something like this next year.

They show full day as 9-3. 5.5 hrs of dirt riding is plenty. Do you get close to that or is it a bunch of hurry up and wait? :p I want to do a dirt bike project and need a good testing of the CRF100 as that is the donor motor I'm hoping to use.

arrive 9am.
Riding by 10am.-12pm
Lunch at 12pm
Ride at 1pm-3pm

4hrs riding. and trust me, been doing it for 5+ years, its a great workout. Its *just* enough for us one a year people.

btw- The Lunch is pretty good too.

+2

I did the trials bike class in the A.M. then went out on the trails in the Afternoon (Brought my own bike) and I ride off road and compete so it was just a chance to ride some place new and have some fun. I was lucky and was one on one with my guide, he was a very skilled rider, I pushed him hard to the point he had a couple drops, but at the end of the day we had a blast, and I will do it again!

What package did you and your wife do? Dual Sport Clinic?
I have a decent amount of dirt experience, but my wife has little to none. I would like to do something like this next year.
Nope ..just signed up for the full day ride in the forest, wife was just starting out on her street bike and i wanted her to get more riding experence so the dirt thing was the perfect excuse. 1/2 hr into the ride se said to me ...now i know why people buy these things...this is a blast. I also took my teenage boys out to this for the same reason...fun and a great learning experence.... win win if you ask me

I also took my teenage boys out to this for the same reason...fun and a great learning experence.... win win if you ask me

Getting the kids involved is great, Both my Granddaughters ride as well, I did a class just with them and their friends one day at my place (I have a fleet of smaller bikes for teaching kids)

Back
Top Bottom