Anyone have a Yamaha Bolt? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone have a Yamaha Bolt?

Test rode one. Nice fit and finish. Design is a copy of a Harley, but the brakes and suspension are likely better than the Street 750. Although, the Street 750 is quicker.
Not much rear suspension travel. The R-spec is new, don't know if it is any more powerful.
Knees up position is not my thing. Lots of people using this as a base for customs.

was a very pretty bike - not meant to insinuate it's a girls bike. Was well trimmed out. The spec r i believe. I had a sportster, and thought this thing was in many ways, prettier.

I switched back to sport bikes because they were really only great in my eyes, for puttering around town. But on highway stints it wasn't that great.

Remember, a 600 cc sportbike might put out 100hp. A 600cc cruiser, probably about 40. They ride totally different.

If insurance was more affordable, i might own both a cruiser and a sportbike. Both are fun in their own rights.

A friend of mine is also considering one of these. If you didn't opt for one is there anything similar you'd pick up instead? Is there anytbing they do well or not well? I think they're nice looking and from what I have read, it would have sufficient power. That said I haven't taken one out yet. I will admit I'd likely own one of them in white

e6udy8av.jpg

bike looks and sounds great

plenty of power

but seating ...leg positioning etc arent great

definitely test ride one before you buy

Test rode one. I was...ok. Nothing special.

I'd rather get a Sportster, much better resale value and so many more options for customizing.

A friend of mine is also considering one of these. If you didn't opt for one is there anything similar you'd pick up instead? Is there anytbing they do well or not well? I think they're nice looking and from what I have read, it would have sufficient power. That said I haven't taken one out yet. I will admit I'd likely own one of them in white

e6udy8av.jpg
If I didn't get the Bolt my next choice is the FZ07. It does everything I want but also power wheelies which may not be good for my license.

Yes I have the grey R-spec. It's my first bike and I love it. I went and installed the vance and hines twin slash for some added growl. My days of racing around have come and gone so I feel the 950 is plenty of power and I'm just a wee guy of 5'7" so I think it fits me well. There are plenty of add on accessories for this bike for those who like to customize their bikes. I would recommend this bike for sure.

I sat on one again the other day. Most people complain about their left leg hitting the valve cover but its the airbox on the right side that's in an annoying spot for me. I'll still wait till spring to give it a test ride though.

I agree about the air box it is a bit large but not that annoying. Having said that I have an intake on order which looks a lot better

I really hope The Bolt does well. Looks good. Apparently performs better than a comparable 883.

Competition creates better bikes imo.

When it comes to cruisers, i'm a Harley guy. And the bolt along with offerings from Indian and Victory we'll help HD make their offering better.

I've never purchased a bike new from a dealer and don't plan on doing so any time soon.

The thing about HD, they rarely leave the dealer stock. So, you wait for someone that gets tired of having a garage queen and looks to sell. And that is when you get a near new machine for a very reasonable price and a lot of the extras that are typically required when you by new anyways. Exhaust, intake and fuel management to bring about a little more performance, a little more sound track, maybe even a little more comfort with seat upgrades etc. and a whole lot of savings.

The bolt is great out off box. But I'm not sure about its longevity. Or even when it's sitting in the garage over the winter. Will it stir the soul the same way.

By no means am I a brand loyalist. But Im still nostalgic to the machinery of my youth.

So, from a standard or cruiser, I look at triumph or HD or even a Duc.

The Bolt isn't for me but, I sure do appreciate its existence and glad there are more offering to others looking for something like this.

Back
Top Bottom