Advanced Rider Training, Why dont you take it? | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Advanced Rider Training, Why dont you take it?

I was fortunate to be raised on a farm where we had a flat track to ride bikes or drive a field car.
I've had to call on those experiences a few times over the years and they helped huge because you just react without thinking.
For sure you want to have those experiences under your belt whether self taught or by an instructor.
I don't drive or ride nearly as aggressive on the roads as I did back then so that's why I'm not sure if safety training is high on my list.

I know I can have fun pretty much anywhere on my bike. What specifically did you learn or better yet, what did you find out that you were doing wrong for many years?
While I understand that motorcycles are at a higher risk than cars, the same premise is there... Have you taken advanced safety courses for driving a car?

Try it an find out. You have to turn off your ego and just enjoy opening your mind to the experience. You learn and practice fundamentals of all aspects of technique depending on what type of course you take. You may even see things you never imagined and the mindset needed to emulate them.
And I have had some training for 4 wheels back in the day.

It all started with the MSF Advanced course being mandatory just to ride on a USMC base.

I just checked for car schools and the only one I can find is the one just outside of Toronto.
What's the best way to find these things?

Buy a brand new BMW and you will get a track course at Mosport for free.

Buy a brand new BMW and you will get a track course at Mosport for free.

Not gonna happen. We just bought the first blue 2015 Odyssey in Ontario.

It was the only one that would fit three teenaged boys with size 14 feet.

Mine was made in Alabama, Beemers are from South Carolina.

I was hoping for less expensive course, that didn't come with a free car. ;)

You have to turn off your ego and just enjoy opening your mind to the experience. You learn and practice fundamentals of all aspects of technique depending on what type of course you take. You may even see things you never imagined and the mindset needed to emulate them.

I would have to agree, First you have to turn off the ego and realize that there may be some stuff you dont know, and if you do not have an ego, then you have to realize that the end goal is to get home in one piece at the end of the ride, and also realize that anything you can do to give you a better shot at that might be worth it. The key to learning anything is to have an open mind. Not all training is formal, or on a race track, find what works for you and go for it!

Back
Top Bottom