2015 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 Suzuki GSX-R 1000

Looks like Suzuki is remaining quiet in the R&D department once again. A lot of Suzuki owners were expecting great things from them, and they deliver a paint job and ABS. Oh well, still the best bang for your buck at $14,000

I payed $13,600 new, for my RSV4 at the end of last year. Much better bang for your buck!

I payed $13,600 new, for my RSV4 at the end of last year. Much better bang for your buck!

Awesome bike and I'm not saying it because I ride a gsxr but horribly uncomfortable to me. Agreed though that it's worth the money.

What year?

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Just don't drop it on your drive way, you will need to take it to the dealer and get a new ignition key ;)

Deals like that aren't the norm tho, are they? In general the Gixxer has always been the best value supersport.

It has generally been the cheapest, but depending on what you are looking for, that is not necessarily the best value.

It has generally been the cheapest, but depending on what you are looking for, that is not necessarily the best value.

It has been Suzuki's legacy to give the most motorcycle for the money. But that has changed. You've got to hand it to BMW for keeping the prices down. That's a lot of motorcycle for the money. Now if they would just do something about those F'n headlights.

Last edited:
IYou've got to hand it to BMW for keeping the prices down. That's a lot of motorcycle for the money. Now if they would just do something about those F'n headlights.

Don't be deceived. They get you with the maintenance & parts. That's where they make a living

Deals like that aren't the norm tho, are they? In general the Gixxer has always been the best value supersport.

No I guess not, but everybody has incentives at the end of the year, and I bought last September. I'm sure a GSXR could be had for 12-13k new on sale, but even then with the RSV4 you get wheelie, launch, traction, ABS and a quick-shifter + Brembos. Way better bang for your buck even at the regular price.

What year?

If I will be upgrading, my sights are set on the RSV4. I've always said it's the best bang for your buck in terms of superbikes (from what i've read). That said, is the base RSV4 that much less of a bike from the Factory version, considering it's about a 5k difference?

As a gixxer owner.... they're nicer looking than suzukis all day long.

1318541305_lazy_eye-1809_zpseb81dab2.jpg

If I will be upgrading, my sights are set on the RSV4. I've always said it's the best bang for your buck in terms of superbikes (from what i've read). That said, is the base RSV4 that much less of a bike from the Factory version, considering it's about a 5k difference?

Short answer; No, not unless you need the bling factor for local bike night.

Long answer; If you're buying the bike to actually ride it, the R is more then you'll need for any occasion on the street. The sachs suspension is damn good and unlike the Ohlins comes with progressive rate springs which make for a better street ride.

If you track a lot, for just over $2500 you can buy 30mm Ohlins Cartridges for the front forks and the TTX rear shock as a kit. The Factory's internals are 25mm and minus that Ohlins anti-stiction coating on the stanchions, this is arguably a better fork setup. The Factory's rear shock is an older single piston design. The TTX is a big upgrade. So much so that used OE shocks are all over ebay for cheap.

Other then that power is more or less the same, the Factory's variable intakes alter the delivery, but the final max output is the same. From there slightly lighter wheels, magnesium engine covers and adjustable frame geometry are the other differences. None of which makes any noticeable difference in everyday riding, though I'm sure there are some who might like the frame adjustment at the track.

Last edited:
The RXV / SXV fiasco was enough to scare me away from Aprilia. IMO (in my opinion), you'd have to be out of your mind to own anything on wheels made by Italians. They can't even get their supercars right. Everything sure is sexy tho, which is clearly the most important facet of their build model and philosophy. F the lipstick and pedicures, I'll take Japanese dependability over that any day.

There are still crate motors for sale on Kijiji for RXV's / SXV's. Aprilia told their customers they were on their own. One I know of blew up at 53 KM's. Some blew up on demo day while the media were riding them!!

RSV4's aren't within their "Italian problems" either (pistons).

I just want to change my oil and ride. Suzuki allows me to do just that.

Last edited:
The RXV / SXV fiasco was enough to scare me away from Aprilia. IMO (in my opinion), you'd have to be out of your mind to own anything on wheels made by Italians. They can't even get their supercars right. Everything sure is sexy tho, which is clearly the most important facet of their build model and philosophy. F the lipstick and pedicures, I'll take Japanese dependability over that any day.

There are still crate motors for sale on Kijiji for RXV's / SXV's. Aprilia told their customers they were on their own. One I know of blew up at 53 KM's. Some blew up on demo day while the media were riding them!!

RSV4's aren't within their "Italian problems" either (pistons).

I just want to change my oil and ride. Suzuki allows me to do just that.

I heard Kawi makes the fastest bike, man

Short answer; No, not unless you need the bling factor for local bike night.

Long answer; If you're buying the bike to actually ride it, the R is more then you'll need for any occasion on the street. The sachs suspension is damn good and unlike the Ohlins comes with progressive rate springs which make for a better street ride.

If you track a lot, for just over $2500 you can buy 30mm Ohlins Cartridges for the front forks and the TTX rear shock as a kit. The Factory's internals are 25mm and minus that Ohlins anti-stiction coating on the stanchions, this is arguably a better fork setup. The Factory's rear shock is an older single piston design. The TTX is a big upgrade. So much so that used OE shocks are all over ebay for cheap.

Other then that power is more or less the same, the Factory's variable intakes alter the delivery, but the final max output is the same. From there slightly lighter wheels, magnesium engine covers and adjustable frame geometry are the other differences. None of which makes any noticeable difference in everyday riding, though I'm sure there are some who might like the frame adjustment at the track.

Thanks for the input. Sounds like base RSV4 it is as I would have no plans to track it. I'll just spend that extra money on a track built SV.

Back
Top Bottom