2015 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 Suzuki GSX-R 1000

Superbike Qualifying race Soar round 6

Wet Race
Me = Traction Control
Westbroock = no traction control

Guess who finished ahead, there is something to be said for electronics even for slow *** guys like me.

Last edited:
Suzuki goes with the youth of MotoGP for 2015. Gotta like this news!

Team riders: Aleix ESPARGARO (Spain): currently racing in MotoGP/ Maverick VIÑALES (Spain): currently racing in Moto2.

Randy De Puniet goes off to Suzuki in WSBK.

He [Randy] says the GSXRR is a lot smaller than other MotoGP bikes. I'm hoping this doesn't translate to smaller GSXR in the pipeline. North Americans are only getting bigger.

http://www.suzuki-racing.com/motogp/SUZUKI-ANNOUNCES-2015-MOTOGP-PARTICIPATION.52138.cms

The GSXRR will debut as a wild card entry November 7 / 2014 in Valencia with Randy De Puniet and test rider Nobuatsu Aoki.

http://www.suzuki-racing.com/motogp/series_newslist.aspx

Should be exciting to see team blue back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is a good article about the bsb running without all the aids. cant seem to get it on here, its a pdf.

search bsb without traction control motec

should be second hit

Last edited:
Superbike Qualifying race Soar round 6

Wet Race
Me = Traction Control
Westbroock = no traction control

Guess who finished ahead, there is something to be said for electronics even for slow *** guys like me.

:eek:ccasion9: Once it's established how important it is to go as fast as possible, be it street or track, more people will get on board with electronics. It really is the way of the future:arrow:

It took me a whole season to go as fast as I was previously on a bike without TC. Many of the top riders turn the TC off because.....they know how to ride without it! Being able to controll rear wheel spin is what sets fast guys apart from everyone else.

I'm all for the electronic nanny's on a street bike just as long as they can be switched completely off
As a rider that grew up riding dirt bikes a large part of the visceral thrill of riding is sliding around and generally feeling just a little out of control
If you think that street riding is about riding as fast as you possibly can perhaps some other hobby would be a good idea IMHO

You can ride sliding around with these bikes with the controls ON. But they provide a safety net that isn't there without. How far you can hang it out depends partially on how good the system is... right now Aprilia has the best system available with BMW a close second.

The motorcycling community is already divided into a dizzying array of subcultures I see no reason why not sportbikers with aids.

On a serious and slightly related note, it would be interesting to see an article doing a nuts and bolts comparison of the TC & ABS on today's major streetbikes. Car and Driver used to write stuff like that for cars, someone out there with industry contacts ought to be able to do the same thing for bikes.

Fast Bikes in Britain did one a few months back. I didn't read the article, mind.

Note that Mladin's little speech came before there was modern production TC. I'm not disagreeing with him, or anything. Some tracks are likely not any better or could be slower with TC on - at this point in the evolution of the systems.

I'm sure caboose is faster than Mladin, though... lol

Last edited:
:eek:ccasion9: Once it's established how important it is to go as fast as possible, be it street or track, more people will get on board with electronics. It really is the way of the future:arrow:

If the future was 2012. The data is in, electronics are safer and faster.

On a serious and slightly related note, it would be interesting to see an article doing a nuts and bolts comparison of the TC & ABS on today's major streetbikes. Car and Driver used to write stuff like that for cars, someone out there with industry contacts ought to be able to do the same thing for bikes.

British mags have done this, too complex for American magazines. It's difficult to directly compare between bikes because of many variables, so you end up reading some subjective drivel from an editor. The most advanced systems are on BMW, because all their bikes have ABS for a long time.
There is the usual internet arguments about what is better on the track, but all modern systems have levels of control, and any of those arguments go out the door in rain or on crap roads.
This is a rare example in modern racing of technology actually showing up on street bikes.

If the future was 2012. The data is in, electronics are safer and faster.

Ouch. 2012, you got me. Late to the party but agree. We need safer, faster because for while there it was starting to look like street racing was getting stupid.

Ouch. 2012, you got me. Late to the party but agree. We need safer, faster because for while there it was starting to look like street racing was getting stupid.

Racing? I locked and lost the front on the Dragon in rain in 2006 and totalled my GSX-R 1000 with 6500km on it. At 30mph.

I'm not going to look down my nose at technology that makes riding safer. I don't *REQUIRE* TC or ABS on my track bikes (and neither have it) but I'm not going to say it's not useful as a good light thrash on my street bike had me doing 1:58s on the long track at Shannonville on Q3s with lights, kickstand and mirrors. No need to fret about throttle application or brake pressure, just watch the apex speeds so the street tires don't get overwhelmed. To be honest, the worst part was forcing myself to let off the reigns and not keep following my friends running heated slicks. Mind, the bike itself is part of that equation; I swear it handles more sweetly on standard setup than my 1000 does with three years of work invested.

1:58......you sure you got to test out the TC? I mean, even with street tires that's barely a warm up lap for someone of your caliber.

Yep. Ask yourself, would you want to throw your $20K+ street bike off the track? Not me. But, that lap time would probably win a novice race.

Last edited:
Suzuki goes with the youth of MotoGP for 2015. Gotta like this news!

Team riders: Aleix ESPARGARO (Spain): currently racing in MotoGP/ Maverick VIÑALES (Spain): currently racing in Moto2.

The GSXRR will debut as a wild card entry November 7 / 2014 in Valencia with Randy De Puniet and test rider Nobuatsu Aoki.

They wanted to grab Pedrosa but the little guy asked for $11 million salary. It's a smart move by Suzuki to sign for Esp and Vinales, they both have more "flame" than Pedrosa. Don't expect too much from RDP and Aoki but at least if the result is good then we know it is most likely the bike, not the riders ;)

Looks like Suzuki may be competitive! 1 second from the top (considering Aleix saying that the bike is 20mph down in top speed).

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/11/12/motogp-movistar-yamaha-irta-test-report-valencia/

TEST RESULTS – DAY 3:
1. Marc Marquez (SPA) Repsol Honda Team 1’30.973
2. Dani Pedrosa (SPA) Repsol Honda Team 1’31.119
3. Jorge Lorenzo (SPA) Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 1’31.164
4. Pol Espargarò (SPA) Monster Yamaha Tech3 1’31.288
5. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 1’31.301
6. Bradley Smith (GBR) Monster Yamaha Tech3 1’31.365
7. Danilo Petrucci (ITA) Pramac Racing 1’31.665
8. Cal Crutchlow (GBR) CWM LCR Honda 1’31.774
9. Yonny Hernandez (COL) Energy T.I. Pramac Racing 1’31.914
10. Aleix Espargaro (SPA) Team Suzuki MotoGP 1’31.973
11. Hector Barbera (SPA) Avintia Racing 1’32.007