2015 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 Suzuki GSX-R 1000

-Maverick-

Last edited:
So they took the GSX-RR livery, made it ugly, and put it on the street bike. Uhg.

Gixxer.com and GSXR.com are currently on suicide watch. The three members that stuck around that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Suzuki is remaining quiet in the R&D department once again.

I thought they let all R&D employees go in around 1999 when DZR400 got the last minor refresh ... it has not been touched since then ... LOL

You cannot blame Suzuki. Why invest R&D in a dying segment of motorcycling? Euro rules and NA insurance has killed these bikes. Sales are pitiful for any 1000 sport bike.
For every one of these they sell 10 250s in emerging markets.

For those small numbers, they'll just hand over the segment to BMW, because if one can afford to insure a ss litrebike, one can afford Panigales, Tuonos and 1000Rs. Suzuki could invest in a 1000R killer, but it would cost what a 1000R would cost.

To really spice things up Suzuki could take a page from Kawasakis playbook. Make a touring bike called the Water Buffalo with a tie in to the Water Buffalo of old but, here's the kicker, make it nothing like the Water Buffalo of old. Put on race stripes to appease the fast street crowd and some dangly bits for everybody else. That'l show 'em.

If I understand correctly, this bike was first released in 2009, and got a mild refresh in 2012?

To really spice things up Suzuki could take a page from Kawasakis playbook. Make a touring bike called the Water Buffalo with a tie in to the Water Buffalo of old but, here's the kicker, make it nothing like the Water Buffalo of old. Put on race stripes to appease the fast street crowd and some dangly bits for everybody else. That'l show 'em.
Don't forget teaser pics with the lights off. So titillating.

You cannot blame Suzuki. Why invest R&D in a dying segment of motorcycling? Euro rules and NA insurance has killed these bikes. Sales are pitiful for any 1000 sport bike.

Ding ding ding. Give the man a prize. Every 20 somethings wet dream but they can't insure it so you get what we had last week. 200+ and no insurance on the 410.

Also suzuki dropped the ball. This should have been a brand new bike to go along with their return to moto gp.

Dricked I'm serious what you would consider the best bang for the buck in the liter class?

For those small numbers, they'll just hand over the segment to BMW, because if one can afford to insure a ss litrebike, one can afford Panigales, Tuonos and 1000Rs. Suzuki could invest in a 1000R killer, but it would cost what a 1000R would cost.

Suzuki has very little in the small-displacement category that is of much interest. The others have more choices (particularly worldwide).

I think we are seeing a shift in the litre-bike class towards lower production numbers but more exclusive products that can sell at a higher price point. It's a given that the Kawasaki H2 is going to be expensive, and it's going to be rare, but they are sure milking it for attention, and there will be a small group of people that say "gotta have it" and have the money. Ducati has proven out that approach ... and I don't see anything wrong with it. You can't buy a base model Panigale ... you just can't! You have to spend money on extras.

I think your sales factor is low. For every litre bike, they likely sell closer to 100 small-displacement bikes. Honda Motor makes approximately 15 million motorcycles every year. Total CBR600 and CBR1000 sales worldwide are a minuscule fraction of that. Less than one percent.

Ding ding ding. Give the man a prize. Every 20 somethings wet dream but they can't insure it so you get what we had last week. 200+ and no insurance on the 410.

Also suzuki dropped the ball. This should have been a brand new bike to go along with their return to moto gp.

Dricked I'm serious what you would consider the best bang for the buck in the liter class?

The zx10. Not just because I have one, I also have a Gsxr that's faster but costs an extra $7000 to make the same power and have an inferior TC system.

They sure lucked out with the DRZ. The sport (supermoto) found the DRZ instead of Suzuki designing it for the sport. Pure chance and luck.

Insurance isn't expensive in the US like here. The GSX-R 1000 will continue to be the best selling liter bike there...as the DRZ is for Supermoto. They aren't out of it yet, they've just gone mediocre. I suspect their return to MotoGP will be the same mediocracy.

The GSX-R 1000 "is" the best bang for your buck. Always has been. I had to laugh in that liter bike shootout I posted in Multimedia. The Gixxer 1K was one bike length off the s1000rr for $7000 less:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?185613-0-300-KPH-who-wins

Edit: @TwistedKestrel: Correct. It's basically a K9, L2 went back to single exhaust with some ECU tweaks and added Brembo brakes.

Last edited:
They sure lucked out with the DRZ. The sport (supermoto) found the DRZ instead of Suzuki designing it for the sport. Pure chance and luck.

Insurance isn't expensive in the US like here. The GSX-R 1000 will continue to be the best selling liter bike there...as the DRZ is for Supermoto. They aren't out of it yet, they've just gone mediocre. I suspect their return to MotoGP will be the same mediocracy.

The GSX-R 1000 "is" the best bang for your buck. Always has been. I had to laugh in that liter bike shootout I posted in Multimedia. The Gixxer 1K was one bike length off the s1000rr for $10,000 less.

Edit: @TwistedKestrel: Correct. It's basically a K9, L2 went back to single exhaust with some ECU tweaks and added Brembo brakes.

Ya I think your pricing is off a little there and there's more to it than a top speed run.

The zx10. Not just because I have one, I also have a Gsxr that's faster but costs an extra $7000 to make the same power and have an inferior TC system.

But do you get a proper ECU???

The price is on the Suzuki website in my original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your price on the BMW is a bit off.

But do you get a proper ECU???

Lol I would assume so?

For race purposes, kawi makes a kit ecu that with the harness and relay to use it will cost $1500. For the ecu alone that will do similar things on the Gsxr (minus the TC) your looking at $2200 for the ecu and you still need a harness.

no money left for R&D...they are busy prepping for their upcoming motogp start next year

...and they left the exhaust wayyy out there cause they knew, tht's the first thing coming off the bike! talk about customer convenience! :D

Back
Top Bottom