2015 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 Suzuki GSX-R 1000

The more sensors, computer and software intervention the better for the purist. This way he can concentrate more on riding. Pretty exciting times we live in. I'm going for a ride now. Will try to keep it out of the rhubarb but not making any promises. I wish I could be a purist.

allllllll that crap does is mask riding ability. take a resonably quick rider who uses all the electronicts to its ability. then throw them on an old superbike with carbs and 160hp.............less hp and no help to ride. within two laps there will be an eclipse.

Yeah, it's all just smoke and mirrors. MotoGP bikes would be just fine without all this new technology... lol

Top Gear is nothing more than Cosmo magazine for car fans. Hardly a proper car review.

That in itself stops me from taking your post more seriously.

It's funny a F tho. If a car show can draw in females (my woman loves to watch it), that's some kind of magic.

If you have VP's of major car companies making executive decisions as to whether their vehicle goes to this show or not, well there's something to be said for that.

If you have the top F1 drivers in the world taking the lap in an average Joe car very seriously, well, there's something to be said about that too.

It's good entertainment with classic British sarcastic / facetious humor and great story lines. Driving through deep redneck southern USA with "man love is ok" and "NASCAR Sucks" is pretty funny!

Lighten up a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If I was less lazy I would, just for you. I didn't miss dricked's point... but the point isn't exactly coherent... "I don't like all these advanced safety measures because I don't feel safe with them." Remain a Luddite as long as you wish, it's no skin off my nose.

This was posted....

allllllll that crap does is mask riding ability. take a resonably quick rider who uses all the electronicts to its ability. then throw them on an old superbike with carbs and 160hp.............less hp and no help to ride. within two laps there will be an eclipse.

You our replied with this...

Yeah, it's all just smoke and mirrors. MotoGP bikes would be just fine without all this new technology... lol

Which wasn't the point of the post you were loling at.

Put an average rider who's only ever ridden with rider aids on a bike without them and they will soon high side their *** into orbit.

Put an average rider who's only ever ridden with rider aids on a bike without them and they will soon high side their *** into orbit.

...maybe. Let's not forget that in "race" mode, the TC systems allow quite a bit of slip and you could still put yourself on your head. The ABS, not so much but setting it too high conversely could do the same thing on a track... a recent article in a magazine cited ABS as really ruining their lap time but I know from experience that you can brake really, really hard with that bike set to the proper setting - enough to pull the rear tire off the ground and wag it like a dog. YMMV.

Set the TC low enough, and it's not far removed from none at all. Granted, part of that is getting the "race" software / mapping which allows more slip than the standard bike. It really makes a big difference on street tires as the "race" or "slick" settings on these bikes are calibrated for racing tires and the power delivery is far more direct. I almost highsided the RSV4 last time I had it out... it was a big lurid slide on the outside of corner 2 on Shannonville LT that had me right on the edge of the rumble strip, caught on helmet camera but not all that obvious unfortunately.

Last edited:
wsbk and moto gp have all those aids because of manufactures development, 200+ hp no tire can take that abuse without electronics. and street r+d, do the riders like it??????? they have been asked and most say NO. the days of smoke sliding banked over wheelies are gone. It would be interesting to see the hp going to the ground with and without all the aids.....

Lol.

I can see my house from up here!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitting on your high horse now?

Sent from my tablet using my paws

...maybe. Let's not forget that in "race" mode, the TC systems allow quite a bit of slip and you could still put yourself on your head. The ABS, not so much but setting it too high conversely could do the same thing on a track... a recent article in a magazine cited ABS as really ruining their lap time but I know from experience that you can brake really, really hard with that bike set to the proper setting - enough to pull the rear tire off the ground and wag it like a dog. YMMV.

Set the TC low enough, and it's not far removed from none at all. Granted, part of that is getting the "race" software / mapping which allows more slip than the standard bike. It really makes a big difference on street tires as the "race" or "slick" settings on these bikes are calibrated for racing tires and the power delivery is far more direct. I almost highsided the RSV4 last time I had it out... it was a big lurid slide on the outside of corner 2 on Shannonville LT that had me right on the edge of the rumble strip, caught on helmet camera but not all that obvious unfortunately.

The package is remarkable, I wouldn't bust your head over the opinion of people who have not had the opportunity to ride an RSV4 hard. It's so composed, even when you're nearly out of control, it always just comes back to you. Simply brilliant! You know it, I know it... anyone with significant time on one knows it.... forget the haters..haha!

wsbk and moto gp have all those aids because of manufactures development, 200+ hp no tire can take that abuse without electronics. and street r+d, do the riders like it??????? they have been asked and most say NO. the days of smoke sliding banked over wheelies are gone. It would be interesting to see the hp going to the ground with and without all the aids.....

And there is no amazement in seeing the bikes pile through turn 3 at Phillip Island last weekend in a perfect drift, rider and machine perfectly in sync, on the edge of the tire, elbow and knee down? No appeal at all?

As for tire smoking slides, not exactly the fastest way round is it? Gary McCoy might argue the point but what he win, 3 races in 70 premier class starts? Didnt really see anyone else pulling that stuff. Know why? It's because tire smoking slides are best left for tweaked out ricers in the wal-mart parking lot.

People are generally a product of their time. To some people a bucking slip and grip 500 GP smoker will be the only genuine race bike. For me it's Superbikes up to about 1989. I don't see the dino race technology advancements abating any time soon. One day the RSV4 will be a quaint notion. Hard to fathom.

People are generally a product of their time. To some people a bucking slip and grip 500 GP smoker will be the only genuine race bike. For me it's Superbikes up to about 1989. I don't see the dino race technology advancements abating any time soon. One day the RSV4 will be a quaint notion. Hard to fathom.

I'm still holding out for smartwheels

not saying its not cool tech, just that a basic system is just that, basic, know what it cost for a gps based advanced system?????? $150,000 + and dont for get the mass of programers at $$$$$ per year. what we get to see is damn good. but are you really a good rider if you trust your tc more than the next guy??? and no, not saying guys arnt good, just saying it takes away from skill. learning how to control all aspects of riding. hell, since i got a qs I cant ride without one. It just gives me one less thing to think about.

Back
Top Bottom