Harley Street 750 reviews are starting up again... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Harley Street 750 reviews are starting up again...

CafeRay

This is Harley's idea to grab people who ride Asian bikes. Coming this spring.

Check out this truly pointless review, from a guy wearing brown polyester slacks.

<br>[video=youtube;paMTXdtyQf4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paMTXdtyQf4[/video]

490lbs, 58 hp, Four-valve heads, over $9,000..but those brakes and suspension. Still, far better than the 883 Sportster.

video says it makes 44 hp..not 58 hp as posted

..still will be beaten by a measly ninja 300

He looks like a clown on that thing...his knees are so much higher than the tank.

It is about the same as a Honda Shadow 750 for hp, around 44. I think it looks nice enough. FI. Honda has not come out with anything substantial in the lower end of 500-750 for quite a while, so any competition is great. I think it will sell well, and will certainly test ride it next spring.

"Cool hipster styling". Does it come with a gift certificate for sleeve tattoos?

It's obvious what Harley is doing and why. It's obvious what the "journalist" is doing and why. Sad. I guess everything's a caricature of a caricature today.

Many thoughts going through my mind.

Kinda like getting a concealed carry permit and buying a BB gun.

It'll give the Sportster owners something to look down on.

Cadillac Cimarron comes to mind.

Meh it's the trend. They knew they needed to come out with something like this or they'll eventually go under. Not much people buy fat boys anymore

Meh it's the trend. They knew they needed to come out with something like this or they'll eventually go under. Not much people buy fat boys anymore

IMHO it's still very much a gamble. I don't see these models building the following to replace what came before. It's a whole different dynamic at work. Maybe if they were featured in a hit counter culture movie and adopted by real bikers and dentists maybe.

Last edited:
Well if they don't try to capture to young buyers now they will fail for sure when all the oldies start to pass away.

Well if they don't try to capture to young buyers now they will fail for sure when all the oldies start to pass away.

True. Give the people what they want and they will stay loyal. Are these two bikes what enough people want? I'm guessing no but I'm just about the worst barometer of pop culture taste. I only comment as a sideline.

So why dump Buell? I may have entertained the idea of one day moving to a Harley in years past, but no longer. Particularly when I walk into a dealership and have to hunt trough a sea of merchandise to even find the bikes. More image than substance.

So why dump Buell?

Most people don't realize that HD received a gigantic bail-out on a similar scope that GM did when the economy had that correction/crash a few years ago. As part of the restructuring they had to shutter Buell, even though they were the only money making division in the entire Motor Company.

Most people don't realize that HD received a gigantic bail-out on a similar scope that GM did when the economy had that correction/crash a few years ago. As part of the restructuring they had to shutter Buell, even though they were the only money making division in the entire Motor Company.

Lol...links please. Buell never made money.

HD took $2.3b, and was advised to dump Buell because that division never make a profit and took heavy losses many years.

I use to say I would never ride an old mans bike. That was until I got older. The young guys now will eventually get into the big boy Harley bikes. How many older people do you see still bent over a crotch rocket? Harley Davidson has nothing to worry about, but I do think for a starter bike they have overpriced it.

Last edited:
When I was a kid I wanted a Harley. I got older and the Japanese bikes were more reliable, but didn't look as nice. Then Honda redesigned the Shadow in 1995 and wow. Japanese reliability with Harley styling. Now Harley wants to sell me Japanese styling with Harley unpredictability? And charge me a premium? No thanks.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Hard to find a straight answer on COA. As far as I can tell, all motors are made in India, North American bikes are assembled in the US, rest of the world India. Is this correct?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom