After bike season.....sleds anyone? | GTAMotorcycle.com

After bike season.....sleds anyone?

D-MAN

As the bike season nears its end are there some that switch to sleds for some fun? Good places to go and ride? Any GTA member meet and rides?

I hibernate. Too cold for sleds

I sled, I live right on Lake simcoe, I just open the garage door and go.

Here is a pic of my dinosaur
2evcg3b.jpg

I offer my bikes and gear to my bud in summer, he offers me his sleds and cottage up north of sauble in winter. Works out well:)

North is the place to be, i'm in niagara on the lake and other than a few good days mine is on a trailer travelling to places to ride. I have a couple dinosaurs too lol and one monster.....F1100 turbo with some goodies ;)

Last edited:
I have an '07 Yamaha Phazer. Looking forward to this season.

eww no!

I want the 2 months of my summer back ,I lost fixing the bike :( !

EDIT: BTW..how do these things handle? Like a car or a bike on the snow? Or do they handle like an ATV?

Last edited:
eww no!

I want the 2 months of my summer back ,I lost fixing the bike :( !

EDIT: BTW..how do these things handle? Like a car or a bike on the snow? Or do they handle like an ATV?

Me too, I just got my bike back together and have about 1500kms on it......was on a borrowed bike for my track days. But if it gets too cold to ride.......let it snow!!!!!! Lol

They handle more like an ATV if you would do a comparison, the newer ones are much better than the earlier sleds by far and way more comfortable.

Bump this up . .lol ..

With flurries expected in parts of Ontario this friday, snow is around the corner!!

new sled gets picked up saturday ..

Sleds look cool but I just don't get 60MPH across snowy fields when it's -15oC.

I guess you dress for the ride but I'm just too sensitive to the cold... Good on those that find something they enjoy over otherwise crappy winter months.

Sleds look cool but I just don't get 60MPH across snowy fields when it's -15oC.

I guess you dress for the ride but I'm just too sensitive to the cold... Good on those that find something they enjoy over otherwise crappy winter months.

Try riding towards another sled along a lake using the tree line as a guide. 400 km/h closing speed is not something you soon forget.

You won't understand sleds until you ride one ! Wicked fun had so much fun ripping around fields last year on the old girl

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Sledding is a blast, but having one on Southern Ontario is limiting and a gamble on even being able to use them for a good portion onf the winter. Last year was an exception

I prefer a toboggan.

Back
Top Bottom