Driving while under suspension | GTAMotorcycle.com

Driving while under suspension

Ugur Dinch

Site Supporter
So, apparantly I had my DL suspended for an unpaid fine on Sep 30th. Got stopped and got my license taken away and received a court date for November 20th - early finish to the riding season =(

What can be the outcomes of the situation at the court? Should I get a representative right away or go in on my own?

Thanks in advance!

pay fine..fines now
on ticket ask too see prosecutor, show them the info, likely ticket tossed
or
pay fines
file for court date for this ticket

I'd go get representation now, this could prove expensive down the road , insurance companies don't like driving under suspension.

I found out that this is an administration suspension, and insurance premium is not affected by it.

I'm wondering at this point whether it's possible to reschedule to court for an earlier date...

I found out that this is an administration suspension, and insurance premium is not affected by it.

I'm wondering at this point whether it's possible to reschedule to court for an earlier date...

Thats what they all say.... And then the question comes up, "Has your license been suspended in the past 6 years?" - Does not specify whether it's roadside suspension or administration suspension.

For the record, I don't really know what Im talking about.

Did you not get a letter in the mail letting you know your lic was going to be, or already suspended? Or did you just find out while being stopped?

Did you not get a letter in the mail letting you know your lic was going to be, or already suspended? Or did you just find out while being stopped?

Have to assume that they had received the registered letter as its not typical to get a court date just for having the suspension served

this is with the disclaimer that i don't know ****

Thats what they all say.... And then the question comes up, "Has your license been suspended in the past 6 years?" - Does not specify whether it's roadside suspension or administration suspension.

For the record, I don't really know what Im talking about.

Already found threads here on gtam on the admin suspension situation, in which, ppl who went through similar processes confirmed that admin suspension is not a real suspension for the insurers.

Didn't receive anything in the mail, aside from the initial speeding ticket.

Have to assume that they had received the registered letter as its not typical to get a court date just for having the suspension served

this is with the disclaimer that i don't know ****

Roadside seizure. And received a "Summons to defendant" as I got my license taken away on roadside.

Personally I'd start making plans to burn down the courthouse and run to Mexico.. but that's just me.

Personally I'd start making plans to burn down the courthouse and run to Mexico.. but that's just me.
If he takes your advice,I hope he doesn't drive to Mexico, that's how he got into this mess. He would hate to go through it a second time.

Roadside seizure damn that's harsh in the past for a service of suspension the poor soul would get a opportunity to have a third party remove the vehicle unless the stop was in a spot that would be dangerous

Roadside seizure damn that's harsh in the past for a service of suspension the poor soul would get a opportunity to have a third party remove the vehicle unless the stop was in a spot that would be dangerous
I think you'll find that it was his license that was seized, not the vehicle ;)

Friend got a notice in the mail yesterday that his license was suspended from Oct 3rd to Oct 3rd and to not drive while under suspension.....he was notified by mail 10 days after the suspension that was for one day.....how do they explain that one.....

Was the suspension from Oct 3/2014 to Oct 3 201x (where x is 5 or higher)?

A friend had situation similar to yours .He just went to court received a $300 fine .

burning down courthouses, killing dudes and burying them...They need to keep a close eye on you.

Back
Top Bottom