..... | GTAMotorcycle.com

I'll have to try riding without it and see what happens...the tach is a nice have but I'll miss the gear indicator more, I always seem to lose count after a lap or two.

Last edited:
I don't think that bike needs to have its instrument cluster connected in order for the engine to run and function correctly. It's more of a nuisance not having a tach, neutral light, oil pressure warning lamp, temp gauge, etc., all of which are kinda nice to have, even on a track bike.

Here is something you might want to look into ... http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/

FWIW ... As far as I know, the only "communication" between that bike's ECU and the instrument cluster is the tach signal and the "check engine" lamp, and I believe the format of the tach signal is a once-per-revolution pulse emulating the old-skool tach that picked up a signal from an ignition coil input. It's done that way so that you can use an aftermarket tach without too much trouble.

Some newer bikes use CANbus for everything; yours is not one of them. Some of them have an immobilizer system that won't let the engine start unless it is connected to the correct instrument cluster and the correct immobilizer controller; yours is not one of them.

That site has a few nice toys but all out of my budget. I've already spent my 2015 bike addon budget (<$100) with sprockets and an r6 throttle mod. Lol. Thank-you for the input everyone.

Back
Top Bottom