Fired up heated liner from Velocity | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fired up heated liner from Velocity

Gsus

Hey guys, after a few commutes in 3 deg weather, I thought I'd share my thoughts on my new heated liner: It rocks! Construction quality seems quite good, and fit is spot on. It warms up quickly and gets hot, but not burn hot. I was skeptical about how well it would work for me, as my jacket is not a terribly heavy textile and has lots of zippers to let air seep through. For this reason on my first cold ride I wore a really thin windbreaker over the liner, set the jacket to medium, and onto the 401 I went. With the windbreaker (and riding jacket), just a t-shirt under the liner, 120-130 km/h, and 3 deg weather, it was borderline too warm. Last night I cranked it up to high and didn't use the windbreaker: borderline too warm again until I had been riding for about 20 min, then the cold started to seep through jacket zippers and cool me down to just about right. Its a nice warm liner without turning it on as well, and it'll take some getting used to re: on/off or what settings for what temp. This brings me to a small criticism: the controller is a button up on the left chest and glows a different colour according to the temp setting. With glove on, I can't really feel it under my jacket, and certainly don't know what colour it's glowing. Med or high are great on the 401, but the 10 minutes it takes me to get from there to my house are VERY warm without adjusting it, so I basically have to poke around on my chest and hope I hit something to turn it down. Can't really comment on battery life, as it's just under an hour riding for me to get home. No regrets about this purchase whatsoever, and Jimmy was great to order through.

Thanks for the great feedback. Your comments have been noted and we will work on making the product even better. Thanks you for your business and honest feedback. The product does speak for itself.

Hey guys, after a few commutes in 3 deg weather, I thought I'd share my thoughts on my new heated liner: It rocks! Construction quality seems quite good, and fit is spot on. It warms up quickly and gets hot, but not burn hot. I was skeptical about how well it would work for me, as my jacket is not a terribly heavy textile and has lots of zippers to let air seep through. For this reason on my first cold ride I wore a really thin windbreaker over the liner, set the jacket to medium, and onto the 401 I went. With the windbreaker (and riding jacket), just a t-shirt under the liner, 120-130 km/h, and 3 deg weather, it was borderline too warm. Last night I cranked it up to high and didn't use the windbreaker: borderline too warm again until I had been riding for about 20 min, then the cold started to seep through jacket zippers and cool me down to just about right. Its a nice warm liner without turning it on as well, and it'll take some getting used to re: on/off or what settings for what temp. This brings me to a small criticism: the controller is a button up on the left chest and glows a different colour according to the temp setting. With glove on, I can't really feel it under my jacket, and certainly don't know what colour it's glowing. Med or high are great on the 401, but the 10 minutes it takes me to get from there to my house are VERY warm without adjusting it, so I basically have to poke around on my chest and hope I hit something to turn it down. Can't really comment on battery life, as it's just under an hour riding for me to get home. No regrets about this purchase whatsoever, and Jimmy was great to order through.

FiredUpX - Compression Vest Review

I have had the opportunity to try the FiredUpX heated compression vest on a few occasions under different situations. I was very intrigued to try it and was quite impressed. To begin, the fit was nice and snug, but not tight. I have the medium and wear a size 42 suit jacket and the fit was perfect. The fleece liner where the heating pads are stored is comfy and nice in itself. There is a large heating pad in the back, one across the shoulders and one for each side of the chest. The battery pack, while a bit large, is stored in a pocket on the left side. The wires that connect the pads are cleverly stored in channels of material that close with Velcro. Because of this, the pads can be easily removed for washing and the fleece liner can be easily disconnected with the zippers in the arm areas and the all around zipper. The stitching seems to be of great quality and the overall construction is impressive.

To operate the vest, you simply have to hold down the control button on the left chest. The light will flash red which tells you the vest is in heat up mode. After about five minutes, the light stops flashing and the vest changes to the medium setting. You can easily change the heat setting by simply pressing the button. You have the choice of high, medium, and low settings.

I've used the vest in 3 different situation so far. The first day was a round of golf at around 10 degrees celcius. The vest heated up quickly and provided even warmth across the heated areas. The warmth was never hot, but sufficient to keep the core area of the body warm. I even noticed that areas not in direct contact with the heating pads warmed up. The second time I wore it was on my motorcycle. I can only say that I wish I had this in the spring. The warmth from the vest makes even cold rides (near 3-4 degrees celcius) comfortable. The vest fit nicely under my sport leather jacket and did not bunch up while in proper riding position. The heat was great and I even felt some of the temperature in the arms of my jackets. The leather kept the heat in and moved throughout e jacket, keeping my upper body toasty warm! I will not ride without this vest in sub 10 degree weather!! The third use was when outside for a walk. Wearing the vest just provided enough heat that the dampness of a cold, wet, fall day was not a bother at all.

Pros
- even heat, no hot spots or cool spots
well constructed
Easy to use
Nice snug, but not too tight fit
Easily layered
Good battery life - 4-6 hours on a charge!!

Cons
battery is a bit on the big size
Easy to wash, but it takes a bit to get used to putting it all back together
You have to unzip your outer layer to access the control button (if you want to see what heat setting you have chosen

Overall, I highly recommend the FiredUpX heated compression gear. While the price may seem a bit much ($189 at Lowes), it is worth every penny. If our winter is going to be anything like last year, it will be a purchase you won't regret. If you ride a motorcycle or are into outdoor sports, you can extend your seasons without being cold or miserable. Definitely worth the investment. Check out FiredUpX.com for more information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom