Givi Brake + Signal LED Strip | GTAMotorcycle.com

Givi Brake + Signal LED Strip

RedDemon

Hi guys,

I have a givi top case (v46) and I want to add LED strips for the brake and turn signals. I’ve already added 2 bottom LED strips for the brake light.

Now, what I want to do is add 3 addition LED strips on the top that will act as a brake light, but I also want the same LED strips to flash when I turn the signals one. I’m having a hard time coming up with a schematic. Is this possible using relays or will I need to have a board to control the power from brake to signal?

Thanks

Are you making an assumption that the signal light colour will be red, and not amber? If you want both red brake and amber signals, your circuit will need to be very sophisticated; it's probably best avoided for DIY projects like you're proposing.

Assuming all red LED strips, you are probably going to have to come up with an electronic circuit that turns on certain sets of strips for braking and others for signals. You'll have to think how will you handle the situation where both functions are needed (i.e. signalling while braked). I don't think relays are up to the task.

A trailer-wiring adapter meant for vehicles with separate brake and turn signals will do sort-of what you want. When the signal is on alone, it will flash together with the main signals, and when the signal is on together with the brake, it will flash opposite phase.

Are you making an assumption that the signal light colour will be red, and not amber? If you want both red brake and amber signals, your circuit will need to be very sophisticated; it's probably best avoided for DIY projects like you're proposing.

Assuming all red LED strips, you are probably going to have to come up with an electronic circuit that turns on certain sets of strips for braking and others for signals. You'll have to think how will you handle the situation where both functions are needed (i.e. signalling while braked). I don't think relays are up to the task.

What I want is to have one set of LED strips used for brake and signal.

A trailer-wiring adapter meant for vehicles with separate brake and turn signals will do sort-of what you want. When the signal is on alone, it will flash together with the main signals, and when the signal is on together with the brake, it will flash opposite phase.

That’s genius! I didn't think of using a trailer wire adapter. So this will allow me to use the same LED strip as brake+ signal, Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom