lets talk about mobile voice/data plans | GTAMotorcycle.com

lets talk about mobile voice/data plans

mmmnaked

Banned
Who's got what? I've been with Bell for a long time and its time to get out. Anything new and exciting out there, or all the same **** really?

I am with Wind... $40 for unlimited everything...voice, data, Canada wide and US calling and international text.
Yes, it is still relatively new network and there are areas with no coverage, but it works for me.
I've been with them for a bit over 2 years, and not really thinking about going back to the BIG guys.

Telus 65 a month
6 gigs ,voice, call waiting , unlimited text ,10 unlimited talk numbers,250 mins a month ,unlimited after 5pm and weekends oh and call display

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Telus 65 a month
6 gigs ,voice, call waiting , unlimited text ,10 unlimited talk numbers,250 mins a month ,unlimited after 5pm and weekends

Why don't I see anything remotely close to that on their site

Was a promotional plan I got like four years ago. Now its probably like 80 bucks for my plan. I login to my account and its called voice and data 65

How much do you use or need?

I am a very light phone user... I hate talking on phones, I don't text too much, and when I am out I am either working, with friends, or riding, so the phone is not my focus, as such:

I have the koodo prepaid -- great coverage using the Telus and bell networks (that is the reason I switched from Rogers as they had almost zero coverage in Labrador/NFLD). I pay $15 a month for unlimited text and the privilege of having an active phone number.

Then you buy add ons according to your needs:
For example, you buy 500 minutes of talk time for $25... they don't expire so you use them as you need them. Since I switched in August I have used 25 minutes.
You buy a gig of data for $30, it doesn't expire. I've used 500mb since the beginning of August.

I'm happy with it... great coverage, cheap enough, reliable, and it's prepaid so no contract nonsense etc...

Wind Mobile.. $30

5 GB
Unlimited Canada wide Picture /Video Messaging
Unlimited US wide Picture / Video Messaging
Unlimited Canada wide Texting
Unlimited Province-wide Calling
Caller ID

*No Hidden Fees, System Access Fees or Activation Fees

Wind Mobile.. $30

5 GB
Unlimited Canada wide Picture /Video Messaging
Unlimited US wide Picture / Video Messaging
Unlimited Canada wide Texting
Unlimited Province-wide Calling
Caller ID

*No Hidden Fees, System Access Fees or Activation Fees

How is the coverage and how is the roaming though?

I was going to go with Wind, but the only time I really need my phone is when I am out riding which means I am out of the city... so roaming would be a deal breaker for me.

How is the coverage and how is the roaming though?

I was going to go with Wind, but the only time I really need my phone is when I am out riding which means I am out of the city... so roaming would be a deal breaker for me.

Coverage is pretty good if your in the city or in the set area that they operate. In terms of Roaming .. you would be looking to add money into your "my wallet" account sort of an add on service and that works really well. Im on the prepaid plan. I have been with them for about 2 years now previously been with "Rogers, Mobilicity, Virgin etc.. I cant justify paying 60..70..80+ from these other company's UNLESS of course you live or travel a lot in coverage areas that are not available .

When I was over in the states for a few weeks in the summer I purchased this and it was great you can either connect to Tmobile or At&T:

UNLIMITED US ROAMING ADD-ON

WIND is the first Canadian carrier to give you true mobile freedom in the USA. Get unlimited data, talk and text while roaming in the continental US, Alaska and Hawaii for only $15/month.

Depends how shady you want to get.

Koodo has a $55 plan for Manitoba and Saskatechewan. 5GB data, unlimited everything (voice, sms, mms, canada-wide calling), and you get additional 10% off for BYOD.

Only trick is you have to sign up for a MB/SK phone number in-store, and then port in your TO #. Thunder Bay also has similar price plans, we just get ripped in TO here.

Haven't looked into it lately, I've heard Verizon has an unlimited North America (for the business traveller) plan for a good price (no roaming fees whatsoever). Just set up a US address and you are set.

PS. Bell are the biggest crooks on the planet.

I'll be trying Wind next year

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Bell Mobility.
$12.50 / month.
Pay as I go.
Bank unused money, but need to top up in time.
I've got $260 "banked".
Every text & call costs money.
I have no idea how much though.

If you don't use the phone often, and want coverage in the middle of Lake Ontario (and many other dead spots for most carriers) Bell Mobility FTW.

wind is piss poor for data... its so bad i should leave and will when i get the chance to figure out where to go. ive been with them for a few years and everyphone (4 good ones) the data has been crap.... everywhere in the city. i have unlimited data with them but only use a couple hundred and i waste a whole lot of time waiting for it to not send/receive.

Yeah I like my LTE too much to go with something like Wind I think.

Maybe Koodoo? Are they worth a damn?

Depends how shady you want to get.

Koodo has a $55 plan for Manitoba and Saskatechewan. 5GB data, unlimited everything (voice, sms, mms, canada-wide calling), and you get additional 10% off for BYOD.

Only trick is you have to sign up for a MB/SK phone number in-store, and then port in your TO #. Thunder Bay also has similar price plans, we just get ripped in TO here.

In-store... in Saskatchewan? I can't do that. :lol:

PS. Bell are the biggest crooks on the planet.

No, Rogers is.

(Rogers customer here. Looked into Wind Mobile at the last renewal but the lack of coverage at the time outside of major cities was a deal breaker)

Telus 65 a month
6 gigs ,voice, call waiting , unlimited text ,10 unlimited talk numbers,250 mins a month ,unlimited after 5pm and weekends oh and call display

Ive got the same plan with bell for $52 a month.. Which also includes a few other options and long distance plan.

Rogers, 5 gb data, unlimited talk, text , pic and video message in Canada. $48, and no stupid government, access fees. I have it on 3 phones, all pooled data, so 15 gb to share, my kids use way more then I do.

For all the people recommending WIND... it's terrible. How do I know? I made the stupid decision to switch from a rogers Corp plan ($50 5gb, 350 mins) to Winds $50 unlimited calling / data.

Let's recap this "unlimited" BS from wind.
1. It's not LTE speed. my galaxy S5 feels about as slow as my iPhone 4... youtube streaming is choppy at best.

2. It's only unlimited to 5gb, then you are throttled to 256kb/s and then to 56 kb/s. So you can't even properly download email attachments. Forget about logging into instagram.

3. coverage SUCKS. I live in mississauga and I can't even use the phone I'm my house. I have to go outside when I get a call. My phone switches to roaming when I'm practically outside of milton. Recently in Niagara Falls on Clifton hill, I'm roaming. Additional charges for that.

4. I'm not sure if this is wind specific, but I can barely get 1 in 10 mms picture messages to go through. Wind says there is a 1mb limit on each picture. Gee thanks, good to on know my 16 megapixel camera is useless. The phone *tries to shrink the pics automatically. None of my friends on other networks have any issues.

Bottom line. . Worst mistake ever. I should have just stayed with Rogers even if it's for a 3 yr unbreakable contract.

Back
Top Bottom