Anyone ever been "doored" or hit a pedestrian while using the parked car lane? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone ever been "doored" or hit a pedestrian while using the parked car lane?

unL33T

Anyone ever been "doored" or hit a pedestrian while using the parked car lane?

So I was using the parked car lane earlier today and some silly lady walked out to her car and started trying to get in, right in front of me. Luckily I figured she would do it so I was able to react very safely.

Anyway, it got me wondering if anyone has hit someone's door or a pedestrian while riding in that lane and what the result was. I guess I'm wondering if the rider was charged with something.

Re: Anyone ever been "doored" or hit a pedestrian while using the parked car lane?

i think they raised the fine recently for people getting out of their cars without looking... but i think that was made for cyclists in mind. im wondering if a motorcycle would just take the whole door off!?

Re: Anyone ever been "doored" or hit a pedestrian while using the parked car lane?

A case where loud pipes saves lives. LoL

Isn't it illegal to ride in the parked car lane?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Isn't it illegal to ride in the parked car lane?
I was under the impression it's legal. It's sharing lanes with active traffic (lane splitting) that is not. Then again, maybe I'm wrong out maybe it's one of those cases where it's not explicitly illegal but also not really legal.

To clarify: I do not have any basis for my belief other than I figured that a car in the lane, even though parked, was still in the lane. Therefore, it would technically be lane sharing.
Quite possible that I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

I agree with joe bass. Itll only be legal to use the same lane as parked cars if all vehicles can use the lane. Ie. parked car + a fire truck/ttc bus not just car + car.

vehicles can use that right lane where cars are parked if they can fit... great advantage for smaller bikes. bathurst, mount pleasant, danforth, and more have really big lanes that cars drive in constantly.

vehicles can use that right lane where cars are parked if they can fit... great advantage for smaller bikes. bathurst, mount pleasant, danforth, and more have really big lanes that cars drive in constantly.
Ok so what happens if someone walks out in front of you because they don't know that?

I see people hanging out in the parked car lane all the time just having a chat.

Ok so what happens if someone walks out in front of you because they don't know that?

I see people hanging out in the parked car lane all the time just having a chat.

i hear ya, but i dunno. i always figured id rather run someone over than be run by a car. id always be careful if i was using that right lane and pay attention to the right side for people,etc. id try wait for the left to slow down or make sure they didn't have any gaps to slip into my lane to stop/park so i could pay slight bit more attention to the right. but id try to not to get aggressive and just pass a few cars to get ahead. if there was slow traffic and i could make it past 10+ cars or get to the stop/intersection, then id go for it. if i did't like the guy behind me, its an out. i know where i ride pretty well though, i see it coming. i have a 250 now so its harder than when i was on my 125. i miss the 125 for times like that.

i find the closer you get to union station, is the crazier things can be, and the less the rules apply.

I've been sitting at a red 100% stopped and had someone crossing the street walk into the edge of my bumper and claim I hit them...does that count? lol

I've been sitting at a red 100% stopped and had someone crossing the street walk into the edge of my bumper and claim I hit them...does that count? lol
What was the outcome?

Never liked spliding lanes .
I was always afraid of someone swinging a door
Open on me .....

Mayn

One lane, one vehicle.

What was the outcome?

They flipped me off, then yelled at me to watch where I was going. I had to keep myself from laughing in his face, but about a second after he finished his nose was buried in his cellphone again (still mid-street of course).

This is where your stebel horn works wonders.

And yes, you can ride/drive in the parked car lane. Danforth is a great example. MOST people will drive in the centre lane there - I would easily pass people in the parked car land in my SUV, it can be tight at times, but if you have control of your vehicle and know its size, its easy. . The majority of people here in the GTA cant drive for ****, or have decent control of their vehicle. A lot of these people now also ride motorcycles too.

Guess I'll start using my horn more often. I wasn't 100% sure of the legality so generally I just avoided obstacles but if it's confirmed I'll be more confident about it.

Back
Top Bottom